An Update from your Mankato East Administration Team
September 9, 2021
Dear Students and Families,
Welcome Back, Students!!!! We are overjoyed to have you all here once again. Our whole school kick-off was a great way to start the school year and we look forward to many more exciting opportunities to celebrate our community and learn together this year.
Now that were are all back together again, there are a few important items we need to cover to make sure that everyone has the same information moving forward. Thank you for taking the time to read through these updates and reminders.
- Students must attend school daily unless a parent or guardian calls in with an excused absence.
- Excused absences are: illness, appointments, family emergencies
- There is no 'working from home' option this year. Students who are ill, experiencing symptoms, or opting to quarantine should have a parent/guardian call them in sick.
- Teachers will keep assignments updated on Moodle. If a student misses class, they must check Moodle and talk with their teacher about any makeup work/activities needed to stay on track for class. Students will not be able to 'join class online' while absent this year.
- If your student is marked absent unexcused, automated phone calls will be sent at the end of the school day. (We will start these automated calls on Monday, September 20)
- Parents are encouraged to check their parent portal on Infinite Campus to keep track of their student's attendance.
Covid is still a reality we are managing in our building. We will continue to keep you updated and informed as things, inevitably, may change. Our goal is to have a year that is uninterrupted and we are going to do everything we can to make that happen. Here are things you can do to help us.
- Wear a mask in the building, even if you're vaccinated.
- Stay home if you have any symptoms. (Have a parent or guardian call in.)
- Let our nursing staff know right away if you have tested positive or you have a known exposure.
- We recommend following the COVID Decision Tree in the event of exposure.
If you need to miss school due to COVID, please have a parent or guardian call in. Take an active role in communicating with your teachers. We do not have online learning this year, so you will need to be responsible for making up any work you miss while absent.
Please Join Us!
We are entering this year with an incredible sense of hope. Hope that our students have the opportunity to learn and grow together, in person, all year. Hope that we can help each of you reach your goals and realize your dreams. Hope that our school community embraces the opportunity to change things for the better and come together in ways that lift each other up and allow each other to shine.
Today was a great day. It is incredible to see each of you. 10th, 11th, and 12th graders, it's amazing to see how much you've grown and changed, especially those of you we missed last year while you were learning online. 9th graders, we are so excited to have you here and to get to know you this year.
Cougars, welcome back to school. Let's make 2021-2022 the very best!
Grades 10 & 12
Grades 9 & 11