Weekly updates for our Collins families.
January 5th, 2023
To view this newsletter in a different language, click on the
Translate Newsletter button located in the black box or black circle to the right of your screen.
Para ver este boletín en un idioma diferente, haga clic en el botón
Traducir Boletín ubicado en el cuadro negro o circulo negro en la parte derecha de pantalla.
I wanted to send a special thank you to our PTA and everyone who contributed to our staff luncheon on December 16th. It was a great time for teachers to sit with their colleagues and enjoy a meal. Thank you!
We are looking forward to all the work and fun that this spring holds! I am sharing our Family Event Calendar below so that you can plan to attend all our events this spring.
January 12: Barn Hill Preserve Visit PK-3rd Grade
January 16: No School
January 27: 100th Day of School!
Beginning January 9, Colton-Bluff Springs Road will close for approximately two months from Solari Drive to Apogee Boulevard to enable Brookfield Residential to safely complete the installation of bike lanes along the full length of this roadway between McKinney Falls Parkway and William Cannon Drive.
Drivers should use Skytree Drive and Solari Drive to detour around construction until the road fully reopens in March.
*This will NOT impact our current car drop off and dismissal procedures as vehicles will still be able to access and line up along Apogee.
Barn Hill Preserve Visit
Our PK-3rd grade students are getting to experience the Barn Hill Preserve animals on Thursday, January 12th. Barn Hill Preserve strives to educate students about animals from wild places across the world. In order to attend this event, ALL students must return the their permission slip. Students may also take their picture with an animal for a small donation or purchase merchandise.
Please see the permission slip and Parent Square message from your child's teacher.
Updates from PE: Coach Cuellar
Please take advantage of the beautiful weather and encourage your children to play outside.
Collins Elementary Needs Substitutes
For more information, please click the following link. Apply today!
DVISD VISITOR AND VOLUNTEER GUIDELINES
Visitors & Volunteer Guidelines
- Pre-approved volunteers will be permitted at campuses, specific to campus needs
- Volunteers must complete the district volunteer application and DPS background check form available in every Collins Parent Newsletter (see below)
- The form can be dropped off at your child’s school.
- A background check is required for all volunteers.
- Volunteers will follow the direction of campus administration while on campus
- A “hug zone” will be established at elementary campuses in order for parents to say goodbye and send students to their classrooms.
- Parents will not be permitted to attend lunch at school with their students
- Campuses will host in-person on-campus events outside of school hours
Parent and community volunteers are integral to our school’s success. There are many ways for you to get involved in our community. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the form below. We look forward to hearing from you!
All on-campus volunteers and parent chaperones for field trips MUST complete a background check and volunteer application. This takes awhile to process so complete yours now!
Please complete the forms below and email to email@example.com
English Volunteer Survey:
Spanish Volunteer Survey: