Standard Middle Warriors
Family Newsletter - December 2020
The Warrior Way
School Pictures MAKEUPS are Coming! Watch for more specific information for our makeup picture days on January 20th & 21st.
Thanks to our PTSA, we have our first official fundraiser! Monday, December 14th order dinner at Cataldo's on Roberts Lane, mention you are supporting "Standard" and we will receive 20% toward our school! This is a joint fundraiser we are doing with Standard Elementary, so don't worry about cooking on the 14th. Just order Cataldo's!
School will be closed for the Winter Break beginning December 19th through January 3rd, 2021.
Beginning January 4, 2021, we are updating our distance learning schedule for the 2nd semester. Please click the attached link to see the new schedule. SMS Semester 2 Schedule
We greatly appreciate the home-school relationship in working together for your student's success. Standard Middle is proud of the achievements of our students and encouraged for the coming months.
Standard Middle School staff wishes you the best this holiday season! May your days be merry and bright!
Susan Denton, Principal
EXPLORE - After school program
Social Media Connections
Standard Middle PTSA
SMS Warrior Band & Choir
@StandardMiddle - OFFICIAL Standard Middle School Facebook Page
1. Send a text message to this number: 40404
2. Type "follow @StandardWarrior" in the message
3. Make sure there is a space between "follow" and the "@" sign
Infinite Campus Parent Portal Access is a website that allows parents to access information about the student. For your login credentials - please contact the district office (661) 392-2110.
TIPS for Successful Distance-Learning
- Using your own device? Here's step-by-step directions on how to add your student's school account.
- Students MUST start their learning time through CLASSLINK. This gives them access to all of their programs.
- Have access to your student's schedule and classroom information through our Parent Portal on Infinite Campus.
- Students will receive information through their school email accounts as well.
- If you need a device or your student's device is not working properly, come to the SMS Administration building.
- Make sure your student attends school ONLINE everyday on-time. Office hours for teachers will be listed on the schedule.
- Make sure your contact information is current. Call the school to update phone numbers and addresses. You may update your email through Parent Portal.
- Stay connected by keeping up-to-date through our social media and school webpage. Join our parent groups-volunteers are always appreciated.
- Need a HotSpot for wifi service? Contact the district office at (661) 392-2110 for more information.