Cell Analogy Project
Your task is to create an analogy for a cell that is NOT a factory. You must use at least 12 organelles in your analogy. The product of this project will be your choice but should be one of the following:
- A Google Drawing (Digital poster) using pictures and text to explain your analogy
- Adobe Spark video https://spark.adobe.com/
- Easelly infographic using pictures and text to explain your analogy
- Song/Rap with musical or beat track and performance (live or recorded), lyrics detailing the analogy
A google what?
How to find Google Drawings
http://www.easel.ly/ use your school google account to log in, use one of the templates or create your own
But... what should it look like?
- Your product should include a central analogy (the thing you are comparing the cell to) and all parts should be related to that analogy.
- Parts of the whole should be represented individually. For example, each organelle should have its own picture, video segment, verse, etc.
- All comparisons are explained. Ex: A cell is like a factory BECAUSE...
- At least 12 organelles should be used in your comparison, thoroughly explained with a detailed description of the organelle's function and why it is like the thing you are comparing it to..
- Your product should be a cohesive comparison, not unrelated analogies. (Ex: if you used a factory to compare, each organelle should be a working part of that factory, not a part of a different entity like a house)
See the rubric for specific grading information.
View the poster example below in a larger size: http://goo.gl/m2bxSJ
Turning it in!
2. share it with me (link, email, etc.)
This is due at the End of next class