August 2017 Newsletter
Welcome Back Falcons!
August 14-15, 2017 Picture Day Underclassmen
August 15, 2017 Dine to Donate- Fiesta Ranchera
August 18, 2017 Grand Opening of Falcon Stadium
August 21, 2017 PTSA Meeting in Principal's Conference Room 6:30 pm
Falcon TV Script for Parents
If you have a smartphone, get push notifications.
On your smartphone open your web browser and go to the following link
Follow the instructions to sign up for Remind.
If you don't have a smartphone, get text notifications.
Text the message @07654a to the number 81010
If you are having trouble with 81010, try texting @7654a to (317)622-0731.
* Standard text message rates may apply
From the National PTA
Why Join the PTA
What is PTA? Why join PTA? The number one reason to join the Parent Teacher Association is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected. There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources. The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network. PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow. By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up. PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement. By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role by supporting building improvements through advocacy and play an important role in fundraising for curriculum based programs and social events.
- Be a Role Model. By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits. Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leadership training, e-newsletters and much more.
PTSA on the PMHS website
Go to the "For Parents" tab and then select "PTSA."