VAMS Panther Pause Newsletter
September 11, 2015
- Tuesday, September 15 - "Old School" Curriculum Night for parents from 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 22 - Fundraiser Orders Due
- Friday, September 25 - Back to School Dance - 5th/6th grade dance 5:30-7:00 & 7th/8th grade dance 7:30-9:30
- Thursday, September 24 - Pep Rally @ 2:49
- Saturday, October 3 - Fall Festival 3:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. at the high school
- Monday, October 5 - Fair Day - No School
- Saturday, October 10 - Van Alstyne Education Foundation Clay Shoot 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM (more information below)
Curriculum Night "Old School"
6:00 - First Bell - Report to your child's first period class.
6:04-6:14 - 1st Period
6:17-6:27 - 2nd Period
6:30-6:40 - 3rd Period
6:43-6:53 - 4th Period
6:57-7:07 - 5th Period
7:10-7:20 - 6th Period
7:23-7:33 - 7th Period
Pep Rally Video
Important Honors Information for 7th Grade Parents
Volunteer Approval Form
Click the button below to access the Volunteer Approval Form. Complete the form and return it to our campus receptionist, Twila Whitaker. If you have any questions please email Twila at email@example.com or call her at 903-482-8804. This form will soon be available to be submitted electronically through the district website at www.vanalstyneisd.org. We appreciate our volunteers!
Rachel's Challenge Student Activity
Below are some ideas our students came up with during a Rachel's Challenge activity about what one can do or say in one minute or less to make a positive difference in our school/ world. Remember it only takes one minute to:
- Make the decision to always try your best and don't give up.
- Be friendly to someone new
- Listen to people and answer them
- Remember a smile a day keeps the bullies away
- Keep your head up and smile - you are beautiful!
- If someone says a rude word to you remember it is just a word. Just because they said it does not mean it is true - they could just be having a bad day.
- You are YOU and no one else so SHOW IT!
- When someone is feeling sad, lonely, or left out help them and take them in and be their friend
- Remember you are loved!
- You don't have to meet societies standards of beauty to be beautiful. You just have to be YOU!
- You could sit with someone who is sitting alone at lunch
- Dream big! You are important! You are perfect just the way you are!
- I believe in one minute I will say HI to someone I have never talked to before
- If someone is getting bullied, then you go up to them and tell them "YOU MATTER"!
- Do not fear - don't be afraid. All you have to do is believe in yourself and everything will be all right. Just Believe!
- You're the COOLEST in your own way!
- You could show someone you care by treating them the way you treat yourself. Example: Give them the last piece of candy
- Do YOU know who is awesome? Read the second word (YOU)
Volleyball - Monday, September 14 @ 4:30 @ Leonard
Football - Thursday, September 17 @ 4:30 - home game vs. Aubrey