Cooperative Learning Strategies
Focus on Kagan Strategies
What is Kagan?
What does the research say?
- Accelerated academic achievement, especially for minority and low achievement students
- Development of thinking skills
- Improved race relations
- Enhanced social skills and social relations
- Increase liking of school and academic content
- Increased participation and student engagement and learning
Where do I start?
Are five still too many for you?
"Teachers that use just RallyRobin and Timed Pair Share can make a huge difference in achievement and engagement and can take their students a very long way simply instead of "calling-on-one." Along with higher academic achievement you will also see a reduction of the gap between high and low achieving students, improved social skills and cooperativeness, improved self-esteem, increased liking for school and learning, improved classroom climate, decreased discipline problems, increased leadership and employability skills, improved conflict resolution skills and increased empathy and concern for others!"