Mrs. Hillmon's Language Arts Class
7th Grade 2013-2014
Our digital classroom
This Language Arts Class
My Classroom Expectations
- Google Drive Binder: Students will be keeping a Google Drive Binder for Language Arts. The binder should not contain notes or assignments for any other subjects. Students will need to access the Google Drive Binder every day. The Google Drive Binder will be graded on a regular basis.
- Bell Work: The first few minutes of class are spent on bell work. Monday through Thursday, students are expected to have an independent reading book and will need to maintain their digital reading log in their Google Drive Binder. On Fridays, students will have an opportunity to write a journal entry about any topic of their choice as long as the topic is school appropriate.
- Class Work: Students will complete all class work using Edmodo and their Google Drive Binder.
- Homework: Students will be assigned homework throughout the week and it is due the following school day. Homework will be assigned using Edmodo or Google Drive. If students do not have access to the Internet at home, they will still be able to complete their homework. No late homework will be accepted after 15 days beyond the due date. It is up to students to talk to Mrs. Hillmon about completing late work on time.
- Reading: Students are responsible for reading a preset number of AR points per nine weeks on their own time. Books must be on or above their reading level. Students must take an AR test and earn at least an 85% on the test to receive credit. AR is worth 10% of the student's final grade each quarter.
Absences and Late/Missing work
If a student has an excused absence, he or she will be able to make up the missing assignments without a grade reduction within two weeks of returning to school. If a student has an unexcused absence, he or she will be able to make up the missing assignment within two weeks of returning to school, but will face small grade reduction as a consequence for not turning in the assignment in a timely manner.
If a student simply did not complete an assignment or turn it in by the deadline, he or she will still be able to complete and turn the missing assignment in. However, no late/missing assignments will be accepted after 15 days past the due date. After the 15 days, students will be assigned an alternative assignment to make up. To make up for additional missing points, the student may bring in extra credit that is available to every student throughout the year. It is up to the student to ask Mrs. Hillmon about the extra credit opportunities and to get it in at least one week before the end of the quarter.
Si, hablo espanol!
A Little About Me
I know that this year we will have a lot of fun as we change, learn, and grow together!