South Plaquemines High School
2020-2021 Welcome Back Information
Message To Our Canes ...
We realize that you likely have questions regarding the expectations for the first day of school. The questions and answers below should provide some clarification, insight, and what to expect as the school year begins. If you have additional questions, please feel free to reach out to Mrs. Gagnon at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will classes begin and what are school start and end times?
If I am attending face-to-face classes at school, what will a school day be like?
If I am a virtual learner, will lunch still be provided?
What types of supplies will I need to start school?
How do I pay my fees if I am a virtual student?
If I am a virtual student, how do I return my school forms?
If I am a face-to-face student, where will I report on the first day of school?
I am a face-to-face student. What will happen when I arrive on campus?
- Whether you ride a school bus or are dropped off on campus, your temperature will be taken by one of several teachers on duty. If your temperature is 99° or greater, you will be asked to report to the school nurse at a nearby table so that she can verify your temperature. If the nurse verifies that you indeed have a temperature of 99° or greater, you will be required to call your parents/guardians to tell them that you have to be checked out of school.
- If you pass the temperature check, you will report to the hand sanitizing table to sanitize your hands prior to entering the building.
- After sanitizing your hands, you will enter the building and observe social distancing while climbing the stairs. When you arrive at the top of the stairs, you will grab a bagged breakfast and immediately report to your first period teacher's classroom.
What kind of mask will I be allowed to wear?
What time should I report to my bus stop? What are the expectations regarding my bus stop?
If I am being dropped off at school, where should I be dropped off? What time can I be dropped off?
If I am a face-to-face student, should I bring a clear or mesh book bag?
Can I change my mind and attend school virtually even though I signed up for face-to-face instruction?
If I am a virtual student, how do I contact my teacher?
- email your teacher
- reach out through another app set up by your teacher
- call the school and leave a message for your teacher
I am a virtual student. Where can I access the Internet?
If I am a face-to-face student, can I bring a water bottle on campus?
Where can I find a copy of the student handbook?
What are the rules for truancy and attendance?
If I am a virtual student, how can my parents contact my teachers?
Middle School Virtual Hotline - (504) 595-6342
High School Virtual Hotline - (504) 595-6433
What is the school's visitor policy?
- conduct observations
- observe teacher candidates as part of the teacher preparation quality rating system
- provide essential supports and services including, but not limited to, early intervention services, special education services, or mental health consultation