Parent Update PK, K, & 1st Grade
Reopening Update - August 25, 2020
WE ARE EXCITED TO WELCOME OUR HAILEY COMETS!
Hailey Ramp Up Begins!
Please prepare your child to say goodbye in the car. Staff members will be on the front porch to help your child out of the car and walk through arrival procedures. Hand sanitizer will be used prior to entering the building.
Every first day of school comes with a few jitters, and this year is no exception. Please know that we are here to take care of your child and partner with the you for a successful school year. While the start of the year is different for all of us, we cannot wait to see you tomorrow!
Weather Update Tuesday Afternoon!
We know that some of our youngest learners will need help learning to wear masks, and we will help gradually extend the amount of time they can wear them. Part of what we do each year is help our students develop the skills to meet school expectations. This year is no different. We will work with all of our student to wear masks appropriately.
- Face coverings will be required for all staff and all students grades PK-4.
- Masks with vents or valves are not allowed.
- Students will have the option to wear face coverings even when not required.
- Each student will be assigned a lanyard with a ring to attach their mask. The lanyards will be left at school.
- Recess: Students will transition to recess wearing a mask. students outside actively playing are not required to wear masks; if students are standing and talking, they are required to wear masks.
Arrival and Dismissal - Please be patient
Dismissal will also looking slightly different. Students will not gather in the front of the building to wait for car rider dismissal. Students will remain in their classroom until a parent arrives to collect them. Please be patient at we work through all of our new processes.
Expect the lines to be long and slow as we patiently work with our youngest students to enter and leave the building.
Parents, please consider the following as your children return to school...
- Pack items in your child's lunch that they are able to open independently to avoid contact transfer to food items.
- Send your child to school with a full water bottle labeled with their name.
- Consider shoes with velcro or straps if your child cannot tie their own shoes.
- No items can be dropped off to the front office at this time - this includes lunch. No child will go hungry during lunch time. Students without lunches will be allowed to charge a lunch.
New Dismissal Procedures for Car Riders and Walkers
Adults who do not have their child's bar code at dismissal time will need to wait in line to get a dismissal tag. To avoid this inconvenience, please print the bar code and bring it with you. Each family will be given 2 dismissal tags. Additional tags can be purchased for $1 per tag.
- 25 Meal Distribution 10:00-12:00pm
- 27 Parent Information Night meetings : PK-2 5:15-6:00 pm, 3rd & 4th 6:15-7:00 pm
- 27 Meal Distribution 10:00-12:00pm
- 31 Hailey PTA Meeting Zoom 6:00pm
- 1 Meal Distribution 10:00-12:00pm
- 3 Meal Distribution 10:00-12:00pm
- 7 Labor Day - School Holiday
- 8 Traditional In-Person instruction begins on campus / Remote Instruction continues at home for families that selected Online Learning.
- 8 Meal Distribution 10:00-12:00pm
- 10 Meal Distribution 10:00-12:00pm
17 Hailey PTA Spirit Night @ Torchy's Tacos 3:00-7:00pm
CISD Ramp Up Re-Entry Plan
The option to select Online or In person learning deadline was July 28th. Families are asked to make any changes to their instructional selection at the end of the 9 week grading period.
Hailey will begin ramping up schools by gradually bringing students who chose Traditional In Person Learning. Students will re-enter in person according to this schedule:
August 31-September 4 (No YMCA After school Daycare)
- 1st grade
August 31 (No YMCA After school Daycare)
- Grades 2, 3, 4: Only students with last name beginning A-C
September 1 (No YMCA After school Daycare)
- Grades 2, 3, 4: Only students with last name beginning D-J
September 2 (No YMCA After school Daycare)
- Grades 2, 3, 4: Only students with last name beginning K-Q
September 3 (No YMCA After school Daycare)
- Grades 2, 3, 4: Only students with last name beginning R-Z
YMCA After school Daycare begins September 8 - Parents must pre-register students with the YMCA.
Please click the ink to request assistance for school supplies, food and clothing assistance, and emotion support.
Important login reminder-
We are excited about our new website and hoping during these virtual times it can be our go to resource for all things Hailey PTA. Create an account to stay connected!
- August 31, 2020 @ 6:00pm
- September 16, 2020
- October 21, 2020
- November 25, 2020
- December 16, 2020
- January 27, 2021
- February 4, 2021
- March 24, 2021
- April 14, 2021
- May 12, 2021
Meal Distribution and Lunch Changes - Please Review!
Meal and Lunch Changes
- Free Curbside Meal Distribution will continue Tuesday/ Thursday 10-12 through August 11 at Caney Creek High, Oak Ridge High and Sam Houston Elementary.
- Beginning Thursday, August 13, breakfast and lunch meals will be available curbside at Hailey Elementary for students to purchase or free to students who qualify.
- Meals will be available on the bus ramp Tuesdays and Thursdays 10 a.m. until noon
- Multiple meals will be distributed on pick up days.
- Tuesday: 2 breakfast meals/ 2 lunch meals
- Thursday: 3 breakfast meals/ 3 lunch meals
- A student meal card located in Parent Access must be presented to scan and identify the student when meals are picked up.
- This can be printed on paper or presented electronically on a phone.
- No change will be made for cash transactions- any change will be applied to student's meal account. Pre-payments can be made at www.myschoolbucks.com
- Meal prices and the free and reduced meal application are available on the child nutrition website. https://www.conroeisd.net/department/child-nutrition/
- This information will be available on the district website and social media in English and Spanish.
- The drop date for students to use Free and Reduced benefits from last year is September 24. After this, students will be a "paid status" until a new application is completed.
- Pre K students are not automatically free this year. An application is required.
CISD Parent Access Center
By logging into Parent Access, you can check your child's grades, assignments, and attendance.
If you do not have an account, please register for one.
To access your child’s information online you must register for an account.
Please go to the following link and follow the directions below:
Click the “Student/Parent” tab
Click on “Parent Access Center”
Hailey Elementary Theme for 2020-2021
Click for a handy guide of at-home Arts activities from all across the Arts community. New links will be added each day.
Sam K. Hailey Elementary
12051 Sawmill Road The Woodlands, TX 77380
Office: 832-663-4100 Fax: 832-663-4199 Bus Barn: 832-592-8800
The Conroe Independent School District does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding these non-discrimination policies: Title IX Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936)-709-7700 and the Section 504/ADA Coordinator, 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, Texas 77304; (936) 709-7670.