S.H.E. Family Newsletter
November 22, 2022
Important Dates to Remember
- November 23-25: Thanksgiving Break-No School
- November 28-December 16: Food Drive Starts
- November 29: PTO Meadow Farms Fundraiser Due
- December 2: Report Cards to go home
- December 7: Early Release Day at 1:15
- December 23: Early Release Day for Winter Break 1:15
- December 26-January 2: Winter Break-No School
- January 3: First Day Back from Winter Break-Full Day
- January 16: MLK Day-No School
Things to Know & Reminders
- There will be no school November 23-25. School will resume as normal Monday, November 28th.
- There has been a slight delay with the PTO Spiritwear fundraiser. It is likely that the items will arrive after Thanksgiving.
- Report cards will go home December 2nd.
- SHE will be starting a food drive to support PROJECT PIN, local food bank in Moosup. Please see the flyer below.
- Please consult the PTO Facebook page for pictures of student lost and found items. Each item has a number. You can comment if the item belongs to your child and it will be delivered back to them the next day. All unclaimed items will be donated in December to make room for newly discovered lost items. Items include sweatshirts, long sleeved shirts, coats, water bottles, etc.
- SHE has an Instagram. Find us @shepardhillelementary for current happenings.
- Free breakfast and lunch ends December 23rd. At that time, breakfast and lunch will be available through purchase. If you need a free/reduced lunch form, please call the office ASAP at 860-564-6432.
- Lunch with Loved Ones is up and running. If you would like to have lunch with your child, please see the attached flyer.
- SHE is STILL LOOKING TO FILL SEVERAL IMPORTANTLY PARAPROFESSIONAL POSITIONS!!!! Please apply at this link. https://www.applitrack.com/plainfieldschools/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?AppliTrackJobId=355&FromAdmin=True&AppliTrackJobId=355&AppliTrackLayoutMode=detail&AppliTrackViewPosting=1
- A friendly reminder as the weather becomes cooler. Shepard Hill, is indeed on the top of a very tall hill. We are surrounded by open sports fields. This makes outdoor recess and break time very windy and cool. Plan for it to be at least 5-10 degrees cooler here than at home. A light jacket or sweatshirt to be kept in your child's backpack is appreciated.
- When visiting the school, please have your ID ready to display. I hope it provides you comfort knowing that we are super safe and will not release your child with someone that we do not recognize.
- When dropping off off late, or picking students up early, please use the parking lot driveway. The bus throughway is a fire lane. We also have several classrooms who walk, draw, or use the sidewalks.