Cordelia Hills Update
Thank you to each of you for doing all that you can to make our students and families feel connected to you, to our school, to each other, and to learning. THIS IS NOT EASY and it is okay to know that. Something I read combined with something I borrwed from a colleague:
1. Expect trial.... and plenty of error (with grading, TECHNOLOGY, teaching from afar...)
2. Celebrate the extraordinary (change your baseline and realize that you cannot tackle
ALL of the standards as you would in a normal school year)
3. REDUCE your work load for you and your students (we've said it already and will say
4. No one is an island (SHARE SHARE SHARE...ideas, praise, feedback, new techniques
you are trying with distance learning- SHARE!)
5. You think you can't- until you can....Bet you thought you couldn't do this about two
months ago and LOOK AT YOU GO!
6. Pay attention to the "gap"...the stress of sketchy Internet, siblings at home, parents
in essential jobs, etc are all things that are stressing our students out.
keeping that in mind, pay attention to your "gap". You are now homeschooling
your own kids, you have sketchy Internet, your significant other is an essential worker,
you have a sick family member, etc, etc. TAKE CARE OF YOU TOO!! Get outside, take a
walk, do yoga, go for a run, do whatever you need to in order to take care of YOU!
1. PRs are still done in Illuminate and parents will check them in Illuminate. The window is currently open.
2. If we were in school and you would be writing a progress report for a student, you will still do that during this distance learning period.
3. They are visible to parents on May 8th.
4. Grades can not decrease from the last report card. They can remain the same or improve.
5. This will be a sensitive topic for parents, so please be extra kind in the comments.
2. If your class is doing a fantastic job with attendance, send me a text or email and I will shout them out during morning announcements and on social media. The more the merrier.
3. Please feel free to share photos or distance learning artifacts that I can share with the world.
Teacher Parade-May 5th
NO MOU Update
What do I do if I have a student who is not CONNECTING at all?
2. If #1 fails, PLEASE FILL OUT THIS FORM: Distance Learning Form
3. Once the form is filled, please attempt regular contact. In the meantime, I will work with Karen to make contact.
4. If we are still unable to make contact, we will work Student Services to track families down.
SEL, Mindfulness, Inner Explorer At Home
Mr. Matthew is available. Reach out if you would like him to join a class session or to share resources.
Inner Explorer Links are below.
Thanks to the teachers who have put systems in place for checking in with students each day.
Library Services--Did you know!
Elaine James is available to meet and to share resource. District Librarians have been hard at work culling and developing resources for Distance Learning.
Please read the email from Elaine James with the endless number of links and resources. Please share that information with your families. If anything, we just hope our kids are reading each day!
These are the links from the email but I recommend you read her message: