Happy New Year! :) We hope and pray you all had a blessed and restful Christmas. We are excited to be back and ready to learn and have a lot of fun!
We will be visiting Antarctica this month! We will be having fun with ice and snow experiments and sampling some freeze dried food. The only people that live in Antarctica are scientists so we will be putting on our scientist hats and diving deep into research and even using walkie talkies to relay our findings.
Did you know that Antarctica is actually the largest desert in the world? They get such little precipitation, it is considered arid enough to be a desert. Also, polar bears and penguins are not friends...or even enemies. Penguins live in the south and polar bears live in the northern region.
Fruit of the Spirit - Joy
Bible Verse - " Praise the Lord, all you nations! Worship Him, all you peoples! (Psalm 117:1)
- January 1st - New Year's day - No school, no A.C.E.
- January 2nd - No school, A.C.E in session for full day (for registered students only)
- January 3rd - First day back to School, back to regular A.C.E Schedule
- January 21st - Martin Luther King Day - No Springboro School, A.C.E. in session for full day (for registered students only)
- January 17th - Early Release from Springboro Schools
We have had great success in matching up our mentors with our 2-5th grade children and providing both the child and the mentor with a wonderful experience!
More information will come! We will be participating in fun winter activities!