Stop the spread of disease !
How can the spread of disease be prevented ?
What is a disease ?
- A disorder of structure or function in a human, animal, or plant, especially one that produces specific signs or symptoms or that affects a specific location and is not simply a direct result of physical injury.
Decrease your risk of infecting yourself or others:
- Wash your hands often.
- Get vaccinated.
- Stay at home if you have signs and symptoms of an infection.
- Be smart about food preparation.
- Don't share personal items.
Ways infectious diseases spread:
- through the air
- from direct or indirect contact with another person.
- soiled objects
- skin or mucous membrane saliva
- blood and body secretions
- through sexual contact
- through contaminated food and water.