koppen climate area
by: Pavan Susarla
Climate code: CWA
My code is classified as a Humid subtropical area between 20 and 40º north and south.
- Onshore air movement in the summer
- Cyclonic storms in the winter
- Warm with distinctly dry winter
- Average temperature of warmest month is over 22ºC/72ºF/295 Kelvin
- Average temperature of coldest month is under 18ºC/64.4ºF/291 kelvin and over -3ºC/26.6ºF/270 Kelvin
- Experiences winter drought.
- Monsoons in Asia
Locations with this code
- Southeastern United States
- Southeastern South America
- Coastal Southeastern South Africa
- Northeastern India
Factors controlling this climate
The factors controlling this climate are wind, wind currents ocean currents and ocean temperate air.
Nearby location that differs
Kansas is very close to the Cwa zone however it is not considered in the Cwa zone because of the continentality of the state.
In areas of south asia in this climate the temperature can go up to 40ºC/104ºF/313 Kelvin.