Tonasket School District
Weekly Update ~ 10/9/2020
"Focused on Learning and Linking Learning to Life"
Be Positive, Be Grateful, Be Involved, Be Flexible
“A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.”
"Your success and happiness lies within you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.”
October is also Principal Appreciation Month - Your principles have been working incredibly hard over the past six months to design, deliver and continually modify the education program for our students so that we can have the best possible education experience for our students. Never in the history of education has their job been more difficult. Please take a moment this month to let them know how much you appreciate what they are doing!
* The school board Work Session scheduled for Wednesday, October 14th has been canceled.
SCHOOL DISTRICT GOALS:
Powerful Teaching and Learning
- Tonasket High School graduation rate for 2019-20 was 94.1%. The overall District graduation rate (which included Choice and Outreach as well) was 92.5% which is an increase from the 86.6% rate in 2018-19. These numbers represent incredible work by our high school staff but also are made possible by staff at all levels of our education system. Great work Tonasket Team!!
- We are excited to have our grades 6-12 start in a hybrid schedule next week. I feel like we are having our first day of school over and over again! We have a good plan to meet our students’ needs and to provide many layers of safety protocols to minimize the risk of COVID spread.
District Culture and Climate
- The district office team has started a book study in Jon Gordon’s book The Energy Bus. In our discussions on the book yesterday one of the comments that spoke the most to me was that we get to choose our attitude every day. Too often we let our circumstances dictate our attitude and we do not have to live that way. I needed that reminder!
- The high school held another Virtual Spirit Week, THS ASB Reach for the Stars! They asked students, staff, and community to submit photos participating in the spirit days to their email or add it in a comment on their Facebook or Instagram pages. What a creative way to connect!
Parent and Community Engagement
Our FTE enrollment for October is 1,051.97. We built our budget on 1,040 FTE.