Oedipus Rex Project
Here Come the Greeks
Research Topics 5th Century BCE Greece
- Historical Survey of 5th Century BCE Greece-: Rulers, Geography, Moments of Importance
- A Day in the Life: Food, Hobbies, Jobs, Social Structures
- Role of Women, Men, and Children
- Famous Greeks: Cleisthens, Pisistratus, Hippas, Isagoras, Phiddipides, Themistocles, Pericles, Asapasia, Socrates, etc.
- Ancient Athens vs. Sparta
- Greek Olympics
- Greek Tragedians: Aeschylus, Sophocles, and Euripides; and their most famous works
- Dionysus & The Festival of Dionysus
- Elements of Greek Theatre: Stage, Costumes, Chorus, Characters, etc.
- Greek Gods & Goddesses: Family Tree, Most important Gods & Goddesses
- Greek Heroes of Mythology
- Aristotle's Poetics: The Traits of a Tragic Hero
- Prophesies and Literature: The Oracle of Delphi, Geography, Other Famous Prophesies
- Other Sophoclean Plays: Electra and Antigone
- Other approved teacher topic
- Multi-Media: Smore, Glogster, Animoto, Prezi, Other approved format
- Script or Note cards (Don't stare at your screen)
- You may bring props or wear costumes!
- Annotated Bibliography https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/614/01/
- 4 Sources: 2 books, and 2 internet --no wiki anything
- Due Date: Monday, November 17 (A) & Tuesday, November 18 (B)