Hilltop Herald - Parent Edition
Be Respectful ~ Be Responsible ~ Be Resilient
Volume 1 ~ Issue 19 ~ December 12, 2022
Wonderful Falcon Families,
“Before I get out of bed, I am saying thank you. I know how important it is to be thankful.” ~Al Jarreau!
This is it Falcons! We are in the final week of Semester 1. While we had a few hiccups, overall, we did well. I am proud of you for being your best selves. Let's make sure that we finish strong by continuing to be who we are: Respectful, Responsible and Resilient!
END-OF-COURSE / FINALS EXAMS INFORMATION
Here is the schedule for finals. Each day ends at 12:55pm
- Monday: Regular School Day (Schedule A)
- Tuesday - Thursday: Period 0 (Teacher can choose the day)
- Tuesday: Periods 1 and 2 (Schedule F)
- Wednesday: Periods 3 and 4 (Schedule F)
- Thursday: Periods 5 and 6 (Schedule F)
- Friday: Last Day of Semester (Schedule D)
Individual Student Empathy Interviews
In order to better serve our HTM community, the Faculty Advisory Committee has approved the use of Advisory time this week to ask 1-2 students on their roster to share about their experiences at HTM. If you do not want your child to be interviewed, please let admin know so we can inform their Advisory teachers.
Practice Safe Traffic Etiquette Each Day
Falcon families, it is important that we each exercise safe etiquette when dropping off and picking up students. We have had several incidents where potential accidents can happen. Unfortunately, the district or school does not have jurisdiction outside of our curb. We have contacted CVPD to provide support during this time. Unfortunately, they do not have enough Traffic Officers, so much of the safety is going to be up to us to honor each other by following and using the recommended traffic rules set forth by DMV. We do not want another injured student please. Thank you for honoring this.
Running in the Hallways
Falcons, please be mindful that our hallways are not wide and running in them during passing period and into nutrition break and lunch can cause you to bump into someone and could possibly potentially hurt them. Please no running.
Please make sure that you read the newsletter in its entirety to ensure that you are in the KNOW of what is happening at HTM.
Monday: Schedule A (Release time: 3:05pm)
Tuesday - Thursday: Schedule F (Release time: 12:55pm)
Friday: Schedule D (Release time: 12:55pn)
Study participants who enrolled and/or reported test results through July 16, 2022, will receive a Year 1 cash incentive. Year 2 incentives earned after July 16 will be distributed in January or February.
To roll out the process, we will begin distributing cash incentives to staff on one or two days over the next two weeks. We hope to start disseminating cash incentives to parents of students and their household members starting on designated days as early as the week of December 5.
For HTl, we will be disseminating thefollowing incentives:
- A total of $60.00 incentives to total of 16 staff
- A total $576.00 incentives to a total of 131 students and household members
- A total $471.00 incentives to a total of 103 graduated 8th grade students and household members.
The cash incentives that individuals will receive range from $2.00 to $60.00 with most incentives under $5.00
Incentive Dissemination &Safety Considerations:
- We will confirm proposed cash incentive dissemination dates and locations with you.
- Cash incentives will not be stored at the school overnight, but will be stored at the SDSU research office.
- A parent/guardian will be required to pick up incentives for all students/minors unless they provide prior written authorization to the Return to School staff.
- We will notify and schedule parents in advance to pick up incentives on the scheduled dates.
Two Return to School team members will always be present when disseminating incentives