St Benedict's Catholic College
Benny's Bites - Friday 3 February 2023
We welcomed our new students to the College for 2023 this week. Congratulations Year 7 on your first day of High School.
DATES TO REMEMBER - These dates are also available on your Compass Calendar
Tuesday 7 February - Year 7 Camp
Thursday 9 February - Year 11 & 12 NSW Art Gallery
Monday 13 February - Year 11 - Penrith Lakes Environmental Education Centre
Tuesday 14 February - High Achievers Assembly
Wednesday 15 February - Year 11 Roadshow Evening via Zoom
Thursday 16 February - Opening School Mass
Friday 17 February - UOW Discovery Day
College BYODD program
For all things related to the College BYODD program, please visit the College BYODD Site. Here you will find all information relating to the BYODD program including device requirements, Apple Care + and how to configure your device for use at the College.
For questions relating to BYODD, please contact the College or Email: email@example.com
“The most truly generous persons are those who give silently without hope of praise or reward”, Carol Ryrie Brink.
ART CLUB 2023
ART CLUB students will participate in a range of different artmaking experiences that will enhance their artistic skills and talents. Each term will consist of different themes and projects, allowing students to use a variety of materials and techniques.The workshops will run after school on Wednesdays 2:30-3:30pm.
Please complete the expression of interest form posted on Compass.
More information to come early Term 1, 2023.
Mrs Sara-Jane Castelli
CAPA Faculty - Visual Arts | Photography | Religious Education
College P & F Uniform Pool orders
The P & F preloved Uniform Pool has reopened, please complete the order form and send to the P & F by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our wonderful P&F volunteer Tracey will contact you.
Items can be paid for and collected from the SBCC College Office.
Donations of items in good condition can be left at the College Office.
Rainier College Uniform Shop - Update
RANIER has advised that there may be significant delays with the college uniform. This delay is due to COVID lockdowns in China.
Orders placed for home delivery are despatched twice a week from the Uniform Shop. Orders placed for collection from college office will be available Mondays after 2:30pm, orders placed prior to 9am Monday will qualify.
TRADING HOURS DURING COLLEGE TERMS:
Monday 9am – 5pm
Tuesday 9am – 5pm
Wednesday 9am – 5pm
Thursday 9am – 5pm
Saturday 9am – 12pm
Collection from shop | Collection from College | Home Delivery
Ranier Schoolwear Unit 5/6-8 Porrende Street Narellan 2567
Online purchasing and appointments visit: shop.ranier.com.au
Phone: 02 4647 8942
Responses will be provided during opening hours
For more immediate assistance, Head Office details are
COVID-19 isolation no longer mandatory
Dear Parents and Carers,
Following a change to COVID-19 rules on Friday 14 October 2022, it is no longer mandatory for people who test positive to COVID-19 to self-isolate at home.
What this means for students and school staff
• If a student or staff member is unwell and has any COVID-19 symptoms, even the mildest of symptoms, they should stay home and test.
• Students and staff who are unwell with any cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms (whether they have tested positive or not) should not attend school until their symptoms are gone.
• To limit the possible spread of illness amongst the school community, students and staff displaying COVID-19 symptoms at school will continue to be sent home until their symptoms are gone (students and staff with persistent symptoms, e.g. hayfever, will continue to be able to attend with a letter from their medical practitioner).
Steps we can take to keep our school community safe
• The most important step we can all take is to stay home when we have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, and not return to school until the symptoms are gone.
• Please continue to notify the school if your child tests positive for COVID-19.
• We strongly encourage all students, staff and visitors to follow NSW Health guidance.
We will continue with the COVID-smart measures. this includes a combination of encouraging vaccination, supporting mask-wearing (with masks still required in some settings), rapid antigen testing, ventilation, hygiene and enhanced cleaning. If you have any questions or concerns about this change or any other matter related to COVID-19, please contact the school by phone or email.