Heritage Middle School News
January 19, 2016
The Next Phase
Dear HMS Families,
On January 28, HMS students will be given a district laptop. This is a wonderful opportunity for our students to enhance their learning. As we move into this next phase, please continue to ask questions. It is also important to begin discussing proper use of the laptop with your student.
In order for a student to receive a laptop on January 28th, GCISD Use Agreements and payment must be received by the end of the school day on January 27th. All information and forms can be found on the GCISD 1:1 website.
I am always available if there are any questions or concerns.
Scott Saettel, Principal
Heritage Middle School
2014-2015 School Report Card from Texas Education Agency
Here is a copy of our HMS 2014-2015 School Report Card (SRC) from the Texas Education Agency (TEA). The School Report Card is given yearly to all public schools in the state of Texas. The purpose of the SRC is to inform parents and guardians about each school's individual characteristics such as student enrollment, class size averages, and financial expenditures, as well as, student performance on the STAAR. More information about School Report Cards can be found on the TEA website. GCISD School Report Cards are posted on our website along with Accountability Summaries and Texas Academic Performance Reports. There are also copies of the School Report Card at the front desk. Please contact the school if you have any questions.
January 18 - No School - Student and teacher holiday
January 22 - Heritage Middle School Geography Bee at 8:15 AM
January 25 - College shirt day
January 28 - Student laptop distribution through English classes
Lost and Found
There are many items of clothing including Heritage gear.
Final Parent Meeting for 1:1 Student Laptops
HMS Cotillion 2016
6th Grade parents and students mark your calendars for the 2016 Cotillion coming in February. Find out more information about what Cotillion is and how to register on the HMS PTA website or follow this link
- January 29 - GCISD MS Band Ensemble Contest at CTMS 5:00 - 8:30 PM. This is a required event for all band members.
- January 30 - 7th Grade Lewisville Select Band Clinic and Concert at Forestwood MS for those who earned a chair in the band.
- District UIL Contest on February 17 at CHHS.
- 7th Grade Girls - January 21 against Carroll at HMS. Games Begin at 5:00 PM and will be played in C-A-B order.
- 8th Grade Girls - January 21 against Carroll at HMS. Games begin at 5:00 PM and will be played in B-C-A order.
- 7th Grade Boys - January 19 against Dawson at Dawson MS. Games begin at 5:00 PM and will be played in B-C-A order.
- 8th Grade Boys - January 19 against Dawson at Dawson MS. Games begin at 5:00 PM and will be played in C-A-B order.
HMS Yearbook Orders
The 2016 Heritage Middle School Yearbook is on sale now! The book is $45. Don’t miss out on the memories! Order online using the link - Yearbook Orders
BOX TOP$ for Education
HMS Spirit Wear Orders
Hello PTA parents! Would you like to get involved at HMS as a volunteer? Please contact Mary Ellen Blackstone at firstname.lastname@example.org. We have many opportunities to get involved as a parent volunteer. Even if you aren't able to commit to a regular volunteer schedule we can still use your help. At HMS there are many different programs and activities that need assistance. Please send Mary Ellen a note and let her know you are interested in being in the volunteer pool. PTA members please report your volunteer hours at this link - or email Mary Ellen.