December 2, 2022
News and Notes
The holiday spirit is alive and well at Berryton Elementary. Our newly formed Student Council designed a holiday spirit week for December 12-16 and it's exciting to watch our Buffalos grow in leadership skills and voice. A few updates:
- Water bottles- Please send students with water only in water bottles. Water bottles constantly spill and when there is energy drinks or juice in water bottles it leaves behind a sticky residue and mess on furniture and the floors. Liquids other than water also stains carpet. If students have medical needs that necessitate anything other than water in water bottles please email the classroom teacher.
- Holiday Cookie Buddy Reading- Mrs. Myers and Mrs. Haverkamp are cooking up some fun in the library! They will be hosting a holiday buddy reading event where students of various grade levels will enjoy books together. This event will take place between December 5- December 16 and they need packages of store-bought cookies for students in the library. If you are willing to donate send cookies with your student to the main office or library. There is nothing better than watching our older students read to our younger students. Thank you for your support of this special event!
- BES Gift Card Drive- BES is seeking to assist families in need this holiday season.
- WHAT: We are collecting $20-$25 gift cards from local retail and grocery stores (Walmart, Target, Dillons, ALDI, Kohl’s, TJMAXX, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, etc) to help BES families this holiday season.
- WHEN: We will be collecting gift cards the week of December 5-9
- WHO: Please send gift cards to school in an envelope with Mrs. Boyer’s name on the front.
- QUESTIONS: Feel Free to contact Mrs. Boyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-730-5280
- BES Holiday Assistance- If you are in need of support to provide food or gifts for your family this holiday season, please click on the link below for information about how to get assistance. If you are unable to complete the form, please contact Mrs. Boyer at 785-730-5280, or at email@example.com. We ask that all requests be submitted by Tuesday December 13th.
- Santa Max- Check out the video below to see information about one of our 6th grade Buffalos that is leading a very special cause. We are proud of you, Santa Max!
It's Great to Be a Buffalo,
Willy Wonka Class List
6th Grade Bookclub Fun
Berryton Breakfast and Lunch Menus
Support our PTO
Upcoming Dates and Events
- December 5- Board of Education Meeting at 7 pm (SHHS)
- December 6- Site Council at 5 pm
- December 7- Drama Club Practice Ending at 5
- December 7- Elementary Orchestra Concert at 6:15/Elementary Band Concert at 7:30 (SHHS)
- December 8- Panera PTO Night 4-8 pm
- December 9- Mrs. Wiggs Class Field Trip to Discovery Center 9:30-12:30
- December 12- 3rd and 4th Grade Music Concert at 7 pm (SHHS)
- December 14- Drama Club Practice Ending at 5 pm
- December 21- Holiday Sing at 2 pm (Outside on playground if weather is nice)
- December 21- Holiday Parties at 3 pm
- December 22-January 4- Holiday Break
Key Assembly Dates and Times
- Friday, January 6- 3:00 PM in Gym
- Friday, March 24- 9:30 AM (Outside with weather permitting)
- Tuesday, May 22- 3:00 PM (Outside with weather permitting-DATE CHANGE)
As an elementary principal I enjoy working collaboratively with staff members to support student learning. I am passionate about continuing to learn professionally, and building relationships with staff and students at Berryton Elementary. When I'm not serving at Berryton Elementary I am usually with my husband and two sons. We can be found at sporting events, cheering on Kansas State University, or just enjoying a movie at home.