A Weekly Newsletter From Grant School & the Grant PTA
Week of December 8, 2020
STORY TIME WITH MS. GREY!
Social-Emotional Parent Education Night: This Thursday, December 10th
Meeting ID: 879 0206 0288
BEST Ticket Students: K-3rd Graders
BEST Ticket prizes available for pick up in the office!
- Isabelle Bondoc for her improvement in her reading and working so hard! She is able to restart after she has a challenge!
- Jojo Burke for always participating on zoom. He has important and meaningful things to say!
- Finn O'Neil for working so hard and making the best of Distance Learning!
- Ben Jensen for having a great attitude towards school. He is always excited to come to Zoom!
- Micah Smith for being a reading champion and excelling in kindergarten!
- Sierra Whippy for working independently and completing her daily work!
Nora McGovern for being such a brilliant girl and being so good at sewing!
- Benny Archer for being such a great reader and so excellent with numbers!
- Gavin Pooley for his perseverance, trying new things, and for conquering Extra Math!
- Charlotte Pectol for being a bright ray of sunshine every morning. She is always optimistic and enthusiastic about learning!
Everly Richards for being such a responsible, hard-working and enthusiastic learner! Way to go Everly!
Cade Wolf for working hard and staying focused during his Zoom meetings! Keep up the great work Cade!
- Bex Davis for being an amazing leader as well as a helper in break out rooms and always being focused in zooms even if someone is being silly. His teacher is always impressed by his positive attitude, enthusiasm, and his willingness to always share his thinking!
- Emily Westberg for always being focused, patient, and kind in all her zooms. Her teacher also loves that she completes all of her work neatly, is excited to try new challenges, and shows great bravery when she shares a video of herself reading every week!
Isabella Benson for contributing her ideas and sharing her work in zoom. She has great enthusiasm for creating beautiful art and playing math games.
Sylas Locati for being a kind friend and a great listener in zoom. He shares his thinking and beautiful artwork and is always ready when he is called on.
Amelia Bollini for showing awesome perseverance and working so hard on all of her assignments!
Peter Bible for always being such a great participant in class and sharing his wondering ideas with the class!
- Riley Adams for persevering and practicing his reading!
- Coco Propst for consistently putting out the effort to do her best academically!
Amy's Dine & Donate, Wednesday 12/9
We Need Holiday Decor & Volunteers- Friday 12/11
The Grant PTA is very excited to bring you a fun, safe and festive event for the holidays! The school hallways will be transformed into a festive winter wonderland that all families can enjoy. The event will take place on December 11th and will require each family to sign up for a time slot to attend. Grant School: Grant Winter Wonderland (signupgenius.com)
We can't do this without help from our Grant families! If you have any outdoor Holiday decor you are willing to loan us for one day please contact Rosie or Kelly. We would greatly appreciate it! Think lights, holiday inflatables etc.
Rosalie Thompson - email@example.com
Kelly Garzelli - Kellygarzelli@gmail.com
We will also need help on the day of for set up and clean up. Sign up here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/5080848A9AD23A2FB6-winter
Winter Wonderland Walkthrough 12/11 4:30-9pm
Important Info for the Winter Wonderland Walk-Through
Sign up for a time slot here:
Please note: For the health and safety of all Grant families and Staff:
- Your temperature will be taken prior to entering the campus.
- You will be given hand sanitizer to use prior to entering the campus.
- You will be asked a few health assessment questions prior to entering the campus.
Please do not attend if you or a family member has been exposed to COVID-19 or if you are experiencing any of the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Loss of smell or taste
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Tingling or numbness
Holiday Support Available
Virtual Holiday Talent Show - Open for Video Submissions
Videos must be one minute or less. The virtual format allows us to showcase things that we normally couldn't show on stage - like sports, animal tricks and skills best highlighted outdoors.
Be creative! Videos must be one minute or less. Let's see what you've got Shamrocks!
Email videos to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12/19/20. Siblings and family members may be in the video too!
Other Opportunities to Help Grant
*Earn money for Grant when you shop at Amazon.com
You can earn money for Grant every time you buy merchandise through Amazon.com - at no extra cost to you! Shop with smile.amazon.com and the charity of your choice will receive a portion of your purchase. Just add Grant as your chosen non-profit. You can also use the Amazon mobile app and select Grant.
*BoxTops Collection Has Gone Digital
Collect BoxTops on your phone. It's super easy and benefits our school. Scan your receipts with eligible items using the BoxTops app. That's it! No more clipping! Check it out at BTFE.com
Support Mentorship in Our Community
Be A Mentor: Are you invested in supporting young people to achieve their highest potential? If so, Mentor Me would love to match you with one of our 80+ waitlisted young people! Mentoring, at its core, guarantees young people that there is someone who cares about them. As a volunteer mentor, you walk alongside a young person to let them know they matter! Please see our flyer for more information.
Donate: Can't commit to mentoring, but still want to uplift mentorship in our community? Please consider donating to Mentor Me online: https://secure.givelively.org/donate/petaluma-people-services-center/ppsc-mentor-me or send a check to Petaluma People Services Center, Mentor Me (mail to 1500 South Petaluma Blvd., Petaluma, CA 94952).
Food Resources in Petaluma
- Una Vida (right here in Petaluma) does weekly food deliveries, a weekly food pantry and monthly "free sale" for clothing and shoes. Check their website for info: https://www.una-vida.org/petaluma-programs
- Petaluma City Schools offers food to any child until 18 at any of our elementary school site on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 12:15-1 pm.
- The Family Resource Center at McDowell Elementary hosts weekly food bank distribution. Call for details: 707-778-4697
- Elim Lutheran Church hosts a Thursday Evening Interfaith Pantry at 5:30 pm at the Fellowship Hall at 504 Baker Street. For more information, please call 762-4081.
Petaluma Library Virtual Events!
Dear Educators and Community Partners,
We hope this message finds you well and you are all staying safe. We miss seeing you at the library SO much!! Below are some links that may be helpful. Please check it out when you get a chance.
We are not publishing a monthly calendar at this time, but we are offering a variety of virtual events.
Please call us if you have any questions, 707-763-9801.
In the Thank You Column:
- A massive thank you to Maryann Pacheco who not only organized and executed the Grant See's Candy fundraiser, but also organized and executed the Original Art fundraiser too! Thank you for making so many of the normal school things continue, even during this time. We love you and appreciate you!
- Our thanks again to Kabuki Sushi for the double Dine & Donate
- Thank you to Rosalie Thompson for all the organizing and reminders to help our PTA get things done. You are the master of events and planning.
- Thank you to all of our Grant families who are donating holiday lights and decor for the walk-through this Friday. It just be may the start of a new tradition!
- Many thanks to Copperfield's Books and Alice Crysdale for the Virtual Holiday Book Fair.