By Kayla Rasmussen, Blake Chiles, Juan Medina, Jacob Ruhl
Who we are: Humanitarian Organization
Why we are presenting: Convince the House Committee
of Foreign Affairs to help Rwanda
Problem: Human rights violations of ethnic groups in Rwanda
- Leader : Kagame
- Type : Presidential Republic - four main territories controlled by a "perfect"
- Turned to totalitarian regime
- Genocide on Tutsi to 1994
- Tutsi overtook and began genocide on Hutu
- Major issues between two ethnic groups
- Slowly send in troupes
- Start with stopping propaganda
- Show truth behind governmental lies
- Bring help to those run out of homes by providing food, water, and shelter
Animal Farm Comparison
Mr. Jones- represented Juvenal Habyarimana
Napoleon- Paul Kagame, leader to rule indefinitely
Squealer- Propaganda signs around Rwanda
Dogs - The Hutu militia before 1994
Axelrod, Alan, and Charles L. Phillips. “Rwandan Genocide.” Wars in the Contemporary World (1950 to Present). Facts on File, 2015. Modern World History Online. Web.27 Apr.2016.
Davis, R. Hunt. “Kagame, Paul.” Encyclopedia of African History and Culture, Vol. 5, Revised Edition; Facts on File, 2005. Modern World History.Web.28 Apr.2016.
Davis, R. Hunt. “Rwanda.” Encyclopedia of African History and Culture, Vol. 5, Revised Edition. Facts on File, 2005. Modern World History Online. Web.27 Apr.2016.
Fredriksen, John C. “Habyarima, Juvénal.” World geography and Culture Online. Facts On File, Inc. Web.29 Apr. 2016.
Fredriksen, John C. “Kagame, Paul.” World geography and Culture Online. Facts On File, Inc. Web.29 Apr. 2016.
“Rwanda: At-a-Glance.” World Geography and Culture Online. Facts On File, Inc. Web. 28 Apr. 2016