Forsyth High School
Principal's Report - June 2022
FHS Summer School 2022
Forsyth High School offered several types of summer school courses.
1. Personal Finance and Health courses: These optional courses are for students going into the 10th / 11th Grades next school year. These courses are offered through LAUNCH and will be taught online. Session is from June 6 – June 30. 20 Students Enrolled.
2. Credit Recovery: These courses are for any student who needs to re-take a core class (math, science, English, & history). All credit recovery summer school courses will be taught through the Edgenuity learning program facilitated by FHS teachers. Students will complete modules online to receive course credit. These are seated courses from May 31 – June 22 (8 am – 3:20 pm). 45 Students Enrolled. Teachers are Nick Penton and Catherine Harger.
3. Drivers Education. Drivers Education will be offered starting May 31st at Forsyth High School. All students enrolled will receive five days of class instruction followed by driving instruction. Students must have a drivers permit prior to starting the class. 14 Students Enrolled. Kevin Jackson is the instructor.
4. Attendance Recovery. Students may attend summer school to make up their attendance deficiencies. Attendance recovery is from May 31 – June 22 (8 am – 3:20 pm). 8 Students Enrolled. Teachers are Kari Johnson and Jim Millsap.
5. Outdoor Conservation. Special needs students explore the great outdoors while learning about conservation. Students visit multiple Ozark trail systems, parks, stream team clean-ups, and enjoy fishing. Class is from May 31 – June 22 (8 am – 3:20 pm). 14 Students Enrolled. Mark Woody is the instructor.
6. July Virtual Option. Students who complete the seated credit recovery portion of summer school will have the option to enroll in a July virtual credit recovery program. 17 Students Enrolled. Paul Voliva is the supervisor.
ACT Boot Camp
Dr. Phil Guy (Boot Camp Coordinator)
Rick Voliva (English)
Julie Guy (Reading)
Sarah Bradley (Math)
Kari Johnson (Science)
Students who completed the boot camp were reimbursed $60 for their June 11th ACT exam fee.
Employee of the Month
Congratulations to FACS teacher Tammy Padgett on receiving the certified "Employee of the Month' award for May.
Employee of the Month
Congratulations to paraprofessional Ryan Cool on receiving the non-certified "Employee of the Month' award for May.
Softball Team Receives All-State Honors
Oletha Rich (catcher) and Emmalea Cook (infield) were both recognized as All-State 2nd Team for their athletic ability on the field this season.
The softball team qualified for Academic All-State as a team with an overall GPA of 3.81. The following student-athletes qualified individually: