AIM WEEKLY UPDATES
September 18, 2019
In this week's edition:
ILT Content Leadership Team PD
Executive Director Tracie Washington Providing Follow-up Feedback on CLT PLC with Principal Lakisha Thomas from T.W. Browne
YMLA Coachinig in the Moment Silent Signals
AIM DATES TO Remember
- September 19: IFL School Teams @ 9400 NCX in 583 from 4:30 - 7:00 pm
- September 19: Targeted Improvement Plan Due
- September 23 - 27: Common Assessment Week
- September 24: Teaching Trust Assistant Principals Meeting
- September 25: Teaching Trust Assistant Principals Meeting
- September 26: IFL, ED & Administrator Meeting @ 9400 NCX from 3:00 - 6:00 pm
- September 27: End of 1st Six Weeks
Assessment Update 2019 - 2020
Common Assessments, MAP and TELPAS will be administered online.
ACPs and STAAR will be administered using paper and pencil (not online).
Weekly reading: Motivation and Middle School Children
Making the transition from elementary school to middle school is often difficult simply because of what is required of students. They are accountable for meeting standards that are more difficult and have fewer opportunities to get one-on-one help to meet these tougher standards. Students face a drop in grades that may come from a lack of self-assuredness, an increase in competition and the transition in general. The APA notes that it is important to take action immediately when a middle schooler's grades start to drop in order to prevent a downward spiral.
AIM QUOTE OF THE WEEK
"The only way to get people to like working hard is to motivate them. Today, people must understand why they're working hard. Every individual in an organization is motivated by something different."