Kappa Delta Pi - Seton Hall University - Vol. 2 Issue 1
Welcome Back to School!
As usual, you can trust us to build upon the enthusiasm to bring you targeted programs which cover hot-topics in education, promote self-care in professional development, and address social and community-oriented investment.
Yours in Education,
- Xi Gamma Chapter
NJEA's Teaching and Learning Symposium
Saturday, Oct. 22nd, 9am
3 Tower Center Boulevard
East Brunswick, NJ
Improving the academic achievement of their students is the goal of all educators. NJEA’s Teaching and Learning Symposium, held on Saturday, Oct. 22, at the Hilton East Brunswick, will help you do just that.
This conference provides 5 hours of professional learning credit!
Mark Your Calendars!
- Service on Saturdays with KDP and DOVE: 09/26
- Internship Panel: 10/04*
- Mindfulness Event with Dr. Mueller: 10/19*
- Service on Saturdays with KDP and DOVE: 10/24
- Service on Saturdays with KDP and DOVE: 11/7
- Community School Service Event: 11/16*
- KDP Holiday Party: 12/07*
*Planned dates, not yet confirmed
- EAIE Conference is happening NOW they use the following hashtag #WeAreInternational (great for ESL, World language teachers, social studies, and honors classes teachers).
- September 23-25-ECETPANJ UN Conference: http://teacher2teacher.education/ecet2/and http://www.ecet2njpa.org/
- Oct 7-9 ACMHE Conference in Amherst, Mass., http://www.contemplativemind.org/programs/conferences
- October 23-25- #IIESummit2016-Institute of International Education annual summit http://www.iie.org/Programs/GSA-Summit#.V9iKi5MrKt8
- Fulbright teacher application open for 2017-2018 school year: http://www.fulbrightteacherexchange.org/
- November 13-16-Global Ed Conference (online only): http://www.globaleducationconference.com/page/2016-conference Teachers from across the world participate!
- ASHE conference (together with NJEA Concention) November 10th-12th
First, please take our survey (below).
Show your KDP Pride!
Educational Web Links
Awesome tweetchat hashtags:
- #fitnessedu every Sunday at 7pm educators set goals and touch base about their fitness progress
- #TEDEdchat every Monday at 6PM-how to use TED videos in the classroom
- Sunday morning: #includEd chat 5:30AM; followed by #aussieed at 6:30AM
Something special for higher ed/doctoral students: [free!]
Thesis bootcamp Beta testing: http://www.scholar-studio.com/beta-test.html
NEW! Pinterest Press: Bulletin Boards
Having trouble thinking of ideas for your classroom? Here is some inspiration for you!
- Quote Bulletin Boards
- Character Bulletin Boards
- Bulletin Boards with children’s input
Next Month’s Pinterest Press: School Appropriate (and Child-approved) Halloween Costumes!