The Wigwam Express-Mid Month Update
September 15, 2021
A Message from the Principal
Dear Jaguar Families,
- I am happy to announce that we have had a few Jaguar family members reach out with interest in becoming an active member of our site council. I will begin next steps in the initiation process on Monday, September 20, 2021, so if you are interested in becoming a site council member, please reach out by Friday, September 17, 2021 with your interest. Information about Site Council is included below.
- Student input is very important to me. With that said, I am currently working on establishing a "student input group" (to be renamed by the children once we begin). The purpose of this group is to provide students with the opportunity to give input on campus and district initiatives. We will meet at least once a month or as needed. I look forward to empowering our children to be active participants in their education.
- The district is looking at revising our current student dress code. The student dress code will be one of the first discussion items for our site council. With that said, we value all parent input. Please look for a parent survey to come home in the next few weeks regarding this topic.
- A letter was sent out this week regarding our partnership with ASU and the American Dream Academy. I have included it in this mid-month newsletter as well.
- There is a very important letter below that addresses recent vandalism and theft on campus. Thank you ahead of time for your support with this concern.
Mrs. Tassin and the Wigwam Creek Staff
Site Council Information
Important Letter Regarding Vandalism/Theft on Campus
American Dream Academy Information
Communication is Essential
We encourage all parents/guardians to keep the lines of communication open. If you have a question do not hesitate to reach out to your child's homeroom teacher and/or advisor for support.
6th Grade Advisor-Ms. Halefirstname.lastname@example.org
7th Grade Advisor-Ms. Baczynskiemail@example.com
8th Grade Advisor-Mr. Whitmanfirstname.lastname@example.org
Ms. McQuarrie, Assist Principal, email@example.com
Ms. Tassin, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org
We take bullying very seriously. One of the most important pieces of prevention is reporting. If your child shares a concern at home, contact us at school or use the link above to submit your concern.