Board of Education News & Notes
Flemington-Raritan Regional School District
Board Meeting Highlights -- 10/10/22
The Flemington-Raritan Regional Board of Education held a regular meeting on October 10, 2022. Below is a recap of the meeting:
- All agenda motions were approved: Agenda.
- Vanessa Ahmed presented the 2021-2022 School Self-Assessment for Determining Grades under the Anti Bullying Bill of Rights Act.
- Daniel Bland presented the 2021-2022 Semester 2 Public Hearing on Incidents of Violence, Vandalism, Weapons, Substance Use and HIB.
- Daniel Bland presented the Spring 2022 NJ Student Learning Assessment Results.
- Click to access Audio Recordings of Board of Education Meetings.
Board Recognitions: Mrs. Patricia Gordon and Mrs. Jessica McPeek
On behalf of the entire District, the Board of Education acknowledged and thanked Mrs. Patricia Gordon, a cafeteria aide at Copper Hill School, and Mrs. Jessica McPeek, a first grade teacher at Robert Hunter School for their heroic acts. Recently, both Mrs. Gordon and Mrs. McPeek witnessed children in their respective schools exhibiting signs of choking while eating. Swiftly and diligently, both Mrs. Gordon and Mrs. McPeek sprung into action. Both immediately assessed the situation and each successfully used the Heimlich maneuver to relieve the children from distress. Mrs. Gordon’s and Mrs. McPeek’s selfless and heroic actions thwarted potentially life-threatening situations that could have been detrimental to two of our beloved students. The Board of Education commended Mrs. Gordon and Mrs. McPeek for the heroism they exhibited. The Board thanked them both for their exemplary service to their school communities.
The Board and the entire District are so proud of Mrs. Gordon’s and Mrs. McPeek’s admirable actions and ongoing dedication to supporting every student, every day, at every opportunity. We thank Mrs. Gordon and Mrs. McPeek. We also share a special thank you with the Flemington ShopRite for donating flower bouquets for staff recognitions.
Mrs. Jessica McPeek is pictured below with Robert Hunter School administrators, District administrators and the Board of Education.
Policy & Regulation Update
- R 2425 - Emergency Virtual or Remote Instruction Program (M)
- P 5722 - Student Journalism (M).
The Board adopted the following revised policies and regulation:
- P 2417 - Student Intervention and Referral Services (M)
- P 2425 - Emergency Virtual or Remote Instruction Program (M)
- P 3161 - Examination for Cause
- P 4161 - Examination for Cause
- R 5530 - Substance Abuse (M).
The Board abolishes the following policy and regulation:
- P 2432 - School Sponsored Publications
- R 2432 - School Sponsored Publications
All Board-approved policies and regulations are available online here.
The Flemington-Raritan Regional School District values children. Together, WE:
Foster social, emotional, and academic growth in a safe and nurturing environment.
Respect values and traditions within our families and schools.
Strive to respond to the needs of our diverse and changing community.
Develop the curiosity and creativity of critical thinkers to become collaborative problem solvers who meet the challenges of a globally competitive society.
Every Student - Every Day - Every Opportunity