Message from Mission Control
* Please make sure you take time to change/update your voicemails on your phone. Admin reset the phone systems over the break, and while doing so, it erased the voicemail greetings. Please make sure you message is correct and up to date before you leave today (K/1, please update yours tomorrow if you are not on campus at all today).
* Tomorrow (Wednesday) is another cold day, so make sure to dress prepared for cold temperatures. Feel free to wear jeans tomorrow with your warm boots, so you can stay warm and comfy while being outside.
* Our second round of vertical council meetings are next week on Tuesday (ELAR in the morning and math in the PM). Make sure you are all set for your subs, and make sure to come to the meeting prepared with data, anything you would like to discuss, common assessment results, and something to take notes with. Courtney will be sending a specific email about the math meeting, and I will discuss with Angela Kennedy about the ELAR plan.
* We will begin a new round of clubs. Please let me know if you plan to change clubs or if you want to continue. I will create a new sign up sheet and have students sign up next week.
* Start off the new year with a positive outlook and a smile! I know this time of year, it's easy to "drown" with everything that is expected, but just remember that the kids are the reason we are here. They may not come to us knowing everything or may not be as prepared as they should be, but I guarantee you, that they leave us having grown SO much. You all are incredible teachers and work SO hard each day to make a difference. Positivity is contagious, so start 2018 off right with 3 P's: positivity, perseverance, and professionalism.
* Next Friday is a half day and our first spirit rally of the year. My plan is to recognize the PRIDE Posse members, so I want to call this a PRIDE rally. When you are looking at your students' point sheets and filling them out for the report cards next week, please make sure to note who obtains the PRIDE Posse in your class. I want each grade level to get to participate in an activity in the PRIDE Rally next Friday. This will be instead of the popcorn/bounce house parties we have had in the past (we wanted to change it up). I will need some staff volunteers to help "compete" so PLEASE let me know if you are "game. " I can always volunteer you as well! haha
* Make sure you have sent your Elk of the Month form to Lilly so she can hang them on the wall! I know it was last minute before we left, so I just wanted to make sure every student has a form turned in, so they can be recognized!
* The life principal for the week is commitment. I think this is a great one to start off the new year with and to discuss with students. Talking with your students about their commitments in school, at home, in life, and discussing with them why commitment is important to obtain our future goals/ambitions.
This year, we will be implementing our GE life principles during announcements, as well as having the opportunity for kids to respond using the white interactive papers in the hallway (formerly used for vocabulary).
Each life principle will be talked about during a 1 week period. You will be getting the schedule sent this week, and it will also be posted on the One Note staff portal. We will discuss on announcements, and students will have the opportunity to write (or draw) how they show this life principle. For example, the first one is self discipline. They can write on the paper how they show or can use self discipline. This will require thinking and application... so it brings in the higher levels. We will talk about the expectations of how this will be used on the announcements, so the students are familiar with what is acceptable.
Just as the vocabulary has been done in the past, the life principles will remain posted on the wall, so that the students can see them and refer back to them. The Elk of the Month will be chosen based on the life principles that have been discussed for the month. Each student chosen will not have to demonstrate ALL of the life principles, but one or more.
This week, our life principle is:
Commitment- the keeping of a promise or a pledge
DATES TO REMEMBER
Wednesday, January 3rd:
Kids return from break
Bobby off campus in AM at meeting
Thursday, January 4th:
Kori off campus at meeting
Tuesday, January 9th:
ELAR Vertical Council Meeting (AM)
Math Vertical Council Meeting (PM)
LiiNK grade levels- Meeting at 3:30 @ Elkins!
Thursday, January 11th:
Kori off campus at meeting
Friday, January 12th:
Spirit Rally @ 10:00
Early Release @ 11:40
Monday, January 15th:
No School (bad weather day)
Thursday, January 18th:
Kori off campus
Friday, January 19th:
Report cards sent home
Tuesday, January 23rd:
Wednesday, January 24th:
PTA party bus (Big Kahuna winners) to Cici's (TBA)
Friday, January 26th: New Rotation
Clubs (Follow Clubs Schedule)