TYPES OF MINING AND FRACKING
MINING AND FRACKING
Surface mining also includes strip mining, open-pit mining and mountain top removal. This is when soil and the rock covering the mineral deposits are removed.
This is the clearing of vegetation and and soil along with drilling and blasting.
- Searching for minerals other than coal.
- Surface mining technique of extracting rock or minerals from the earth.
Strip Mining for Coal
Mountain top removal
- This is a new type of coal mining.
- Occurs in West Virginia, Kentucky, and Tennessee
- Removing the tip of the mountain to find coal.
This is the extraction of rocks and minerals from inside earth. This occurs by the making of shafts built into the earth
- Method of accessing valuable geological material, such as coal or ore.
- Slope mined differ from shaft and drift mines.
This is a almost horizontal entrance and leaves a vein of coal or ore.
This is usually mined from the side of a hill or mountain.
Creating a vertical entrance into the ground. usually has no end. This is the entrance to mining for coal.