A liquid metal
Element name: Mercury
Atomic number of 80, atomic weight of 200.59
Group 12, period 6
A silvery white metal, classification: metallic
Known for ancient Chinese and Hindus to use before 2000 BC.
- Ancient Greeks used Mercury to make ointments, which the Romans used.
Additional information: Biology and Geology
- There is no data of Mercury in our bodies.
- A rare element that's found in the earths crust, sometimes found in cinnabar ore, located in Spain and Italy
Additional information: Uses and description
- Used in labs to make thermometers, barometers, diffusion pumps, other instruments
- A silvery white liquid metal that has a large mass and a melting point of around -39 Celsius
- Mercury is the only liquid metal in the periodic table
- Very poisonous, which is another reason why they stopped incorporating it in certain objects
- Methyl Mercury is a dangerous pollutant found in rivers and lakes, usually from industrial waste