In the Loop
McDowell School News 2.5.16
Bus Duty - 2/8/16-2/12/16
Matchinga - EW Office
Marshall - Kickball Field
2/9/16 - Morning Announcements 9:00-9:10 on Channel 2
2/10/16 - Staff Meeting @ 7:45 in C-11
2/12/16 - Valentine Parties 2:30-3:30PM - You know the drill about sign-outs.
2/15/16 - No School
2/18/16 - Barn Social at Dani's after school (Sign up in the workroom to bring something)
2/17 - Jesse Ruben Community Concert @ 7:00PM @ HMS Auditorium. Tickets on sale in the office for $5.00, starting February 1, 2016.
2/18 - Jesse Ruben visits McDowell in the morning. Concert at EW from 1:15PM-2:00PM
9-9:30 - Orwig/Bradley in B-24
9:30-10:00 - Montgomery/Matchinga
10-10:30 - Richarson/Wilkins/Marshall
10:30-11:00 - LaScola, Chaloupka/Rushwin
11-11:30 - Standley/Wilson/Evans in C-11
11:30-12:00 - Caine/Miller in B-26
1:00 - Depart for concert at EW
1:15-2:00 - Concert at EW
2/7 - Mandy Caine
- For the remainder of the year we are going to incorporate some professional development in our staff meetings.
Finally, if you are in the full OTES model; meaning you have had the observation already, it is time to schedule your final observation. Please schedule with ME this week if at all possible for the observation to occur before March 1st.
If you have not been observed this year, your time is also coming! Please schedule a half hour observation with ME to be completed in March 2016. Still quite a few of you folks left.
Mike Payne recently inducted in to The University of Akron's Hall of Fame
This, that, and, of course, the other
- Please read the excerpt below regarding our very own Mike Payne!! I knew he was an accomplished athlete but did not know it was to this extent.
- MICHAEL PAYNE '97 (Soccer) – From 1992 thru 1995, this four-year letter winner started in the goal in 48 of 52 games. Although he had a slow start as a freshman under head coach Steve Parker with a 1.71 goals against average (GAA) in 14 starts, Michael Payne went on to earn first-team All-Mid-American Conference honors twice under head coach Ken Lolla. His sophomore season, with Payne in goal, UA had a 13-1 record and captured the MAC regular-season title with a 5-0 record. For his performance, that included a .85 GAA, Payne earned his first All-MAC honor. In 1994, Payne was sidelined with an injury for the season after only four starts. However, he rebounded to only allow 11 goals in 16 starts for career low .69 GAA in 1995. As UA again won the MAC regular-season title with a 5-0 record, Payne captured first-team All-MAC and first-team All-Ohio honors. Payne resides in Stow, Ohio.
- If you have not heard Meg has resigned and will be moving on to greener pastures. She found a job that suits her skill set and will be very rewarding to her. Congratulations to her. I am sure I echo everyone's sentiments when I say she will be sorely missed. We know Meg is a computer expert and we will miss that skill set. However, I will miss her as part of the staff who would always help out when needed. She has jumped in as library aide and volunteered to sub in the classroom to help in a "sub crisis" . Best of luck to Meg!
- ELA Testing Schedule:
4/26, 4/27, 4/28, 4/29 - ELA Testing
5/3 - AIR MATH
5/5, 5/6 - Testing Make-ups
- Remember the test results I gave you Friday are not to be shared yet. The students that did not score 42 will be taking the Terra Nova in the next few weeks. Details to follow when schedules and labels are ready to go.
If you are interested in attending the optional professional development opportunities on Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 15, 2016, please click on the Google form: http://goo.gl/forms/xG095Jfkvd
All sessions will be held at the HS
AM Session: 8:30-11:00
PM Sessions 12:00-2:30
February 15, 2016
Earn “Green Sheet” hours (curriculum rate)
This is an optional PD day.
All sessions facilitated by Hudson teachers and staff.
You will receive a confirmation email with the location of the session by February 11th.
Approximately 70% of the teachers responding to the interest survey indicated Most Likely to Succeed so we have limited the morning choices based on the information collected.
How bout that pic?
Miller, Orwig and Caine working on fluency.
I wandered in at the end of the lesson the teachers were sharing a movie preview for "Eddie the Eagle" . A film that addresses resiliency and goal setting. It opens at the end of the month.
Owen singing in his velour jacket!
A lot of fluency work in the mornings at McDowell