Do you know everything there is to know about online safety?
The internet can be a great thing, but it can also be a dangerous thing.
- Inappropriate Material
- Online predators
Social Media is a wonderful thing. It's the way most people communicate these days! But, if you're not careful with the information you put out there it can be quite dangerous. Never put out your personal information such as:
- your address
- full name
- phone number(s)
Cyberbullying is sadly something that happens often online. About 43 % of teens aged 13-17 have reported to have been cyberbullied within the past year.
- Teens spend about 5 hours online each day
- 17% of teens have hacked into a friends social media account
- 25% of teens have used mobile devices to cheat on a test
- Only 50% of kids/teens have parental control on their computers
- 70% of teens hide what they do online from parents