Welcome Back, Bobcats!
- Please check Seesaw regularly for updates and information from your student's teacher. They will share videos with details for arrival and dismissal, important updates, etc.
- As students return to school, they will be spending part of their day outdoors. Please dress your student appropriately for November weather in the Pacific Northwest. Packing a change of clothes, including socks, is a great idea!
- Breakfast and lunch will be available to every student daily and no money or account numbers are needed. Although you can send breakfast and lunch with your student, it is not necessary. We will have food for everyone!
- Masks will be worn by everyone! Please send your student wearing a mask and have a spare in their backpack. We will have masks for anyone needing them.
- We will be washing hands with soap and water frequently. Please practice this with your student and support them in understanding the importance of this habit.
We are looking forward to November and in-person learning! We care very much about your student's safety, and have been planning for months to bring everyone safely back to school. If you have questions or feedback, please free to contact me. Thank you!
Welcome back, Bobcats!
Julie van Wijk
360.676.6461 Cordata Main Office
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR FAMILIES WITH STUDENTS RETURNING TO CORDATA
Returning to in-person instruction and the health attestation
Mitigating risk and keeping ourselves and each other safe is paramount. This will be a community effort, and we ask that each family review and agree to the health attestation. Please do daily health screen before sending your children to school.
We ask that you also review the family COVID safety agreement for mask guidelines and other safety protocols.
Transportation for in-person classes
If your child will be riding the bus to school, you can find their bus stop and time at Infofinder. Enter your street address (no zip code or school) and you will be able to see the location and times for your child. Please note that as enrollment changes we will make adjustments to bus stops and times as needed, and you can always see the most up-to-date information by checking Infofinder.
Bus riding reminders:
- Please arrive at the bus stop 5 minutes prior to the scheduled time in the morning.
- Masks are required while on the bus. Please have your mask on when the bus arrives.
- The front row on the bus will not be used. These rows/seats are roped off.
- Students will sit in a seat near the window . Each student will have their own seat unless they are siblings.
Now Enrolling for Free Public Preschool at Cordata Elementary School!
Bellingham Public Schools is pleased to offer free half-day preschool for children who are 3 or 4 years old by Aug. 31, 2020 and live in the Alderwood or Cordata attendance areas and qualify for the program. The program is Thursdays and Fridays from 8 to 11 a.m.
If you are interested in enrolling your child into one of our Title I preschool programs, please complete this online registration form by Dec. 18 or call Debbie Haney at 360-746-4045 so we can schedule a screening appointment through Zoom to see if your child qualifies.
Attendance is expected in elementary school. If your student is unable to log in or come to school for the day, please email the teacher or call the main office at (360) 676-6461. Our counseling team and assistant principal are here to help. We will be reaching out to make plans that support coming to school everyday as needed.