the PENN NEWSLETTER
Penn Pride: We have. We are. Together.
PRESCHOOL First Days
First day for afternoon preschool class is August 30
Arrival and Dismissal
Here are the big ideas:
1. Students may arrive at 7:30 and go to breakfast or the gym.
2. Parents should always stay in/with your car. Use a parking spot if you need to come inside.
3. After school: k/1st graders are in front of the building with their older siblings. 2nd - 6th graders may be picked up in the north carline (between the school and park).
4. Be alert.
Bottom line: we want to be efficient, but our number one priority is student safety.
So, you might want to go on a field trip or volunteer at school ....
Some reminders about the the district wellness policy. You can read the policy and administrative guidelines at: https://www.iowacityschools.org/Page/1167
You can see the list(s) of examples of foods that are acceptable to share with other students for classroom celebrations or classroom snacks at: https://www.iowacityschools.org/Page/1165
A few things to remember:
1. All foods that are brought for classroom snacks, classroom celebrations, etc. must meet the Smart Snack Guidelines.
2. No home-baked foods for classroom celebrations or classroom snacks (to prevent exposure to food allergens).
School-wide materials wish list
- Ziplock bags (mostly gallon size and some sandwich size)
- Reams of copy paper
- Disinfecting wipes
- Extra #2 pencils
- Extra Dry Erase markers
- Boys and girls underpants and sweatpants, mostly smaller sizes. New or gently used items appreciated.
- Aug 25: PTO Family Swim at the NL Pool @ 6pm
- Aug 29: First day of morning preschool
- Aug 30: First day of afternoon preschool
- Sept 3: No School, Labor Day