All about Anobolic Steroids
Facts on Anibolic Steriods
The word anabolic means growing or building.
- Some athletes use steroids to perform better in their sports
- When males take steroids their female hormones are increased which gives them female characteristics and vise versa
- Aniblic steriods are the type of steroids associated with rapid weight gain and muscle growth
- Often times, drug abusers of steroids take 10 to 100 times more than would be prescribed by a physician to treat a condition or illness.
- They affect the limbic system of the brain
- Leads to aggressive behavior and mood swings
- The aggressive behavior is sometimes referred to as roid rage
- Steroids can lead to feeling paranoid, delusional, jealousy, and feeling invincible
Can We Die From Anabolic Steroids?
- You can die from heart attacks, strokes, and HIV
Places to get Help
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (they don't just talk about suicide—they cover a lot of issues and will help put you in touch with someone close by).