Coaching 4 Ps
Review, Preview, Praise and Problems: May 9-13
- Conducted a type 2 "Senses" lesson in kindergarten classroom to continue prep for Tuesday.
- Met with third grade and fifth grade teacher to finalize plans for Tuesday's writing visit.
- Attended info session presented by WOMS on summer reading for fifth graders.
- On Tuesday, observed several lessons taught by Henry Dembowski from John Collins Writing Program. After each lesson, attended a debrief and Q&A with teachers who observed the lessons.
- Continued to prepare Summer reading materials. Gathered books (k-5), Summer reading logs, and tips for parents.
- Attended district coaches' meeting on Thursday.
- Helped with Muffins for Mom on Friday.
- Worked on my inquiry project for Cohort,
- Answered several Fountas & Pinnell BAS questions.
- Gathered Fountas & Pinnell results for district office (second grade).
- Met with PE teacher and discussed help with field day.
- Prepared Fountas & Pinnell copies order for district office.
- Co-teach Revolutionary War lesson with third grade teacher.
- Assist third grade teachers in completing end-of-year Fountas & Pinnell BAS.
- Gather third grade Fountas & Pinnell results for district office.
- Work on Summer Institute curriculum.
- Attend Summer Institute meeting on Wednesday.
- Help with field day.
- Work on summer reading packets.
- Work on literacy room re-organization and packing.
- We had a great week! Our visit with Henry was a HUGE success. I appreciate everyone's effort to help make the day possible (lots of people rearranged their schedules to cover classes and teachers were willing to attend sessions). Henry's support and positive encouragement allows us to continue our work towards fully encompassing this writing process program in our school. We are definitely on the right track!
Potential Speed Bumps (not really problems)
I do not see any new potential bumps for this week.