Being Safe Online
By: Makayla M.
Having a Strong Password involves:
- 8 characters minimum
- Upper case & lower case
- Easy to remember
- Different ones
Be Ware of Scams
- Make sure you know what you're clicking on when an ads pop up or a mysterious website or even a random email.
- Hackers will tell you it's safe and free, never listen.
Just like this ad promotes smoking as a positive thing, ads might promote positive actions for you but they're looking for vulnerable people to hack. Once you click on the wrong link you can get a virus.
Keep Your Personal Information Private!
- Share address
- Credit card info
- Click on a mysterious ad/link
- Talk/add strangers
- Give up your security #
- Visit suspicious websites
- Post anything you wouldn't want your mother to see, Images/videos/posts/etc.
User Agreements and Copy Right
- No one will ever read the whole user agreement form, but you should skim through it to see what you're getting yourself into.
- They may change at anytime.
- The site doesn't have to inform you on their changes.
- Don't use people's images with out their permission.
- Especially on assignments don't copy other people's words or images/videos.
I got Hacked!
- This video is humerus, but hacking is a real endangerment.
- Be careful with what you put out there online.
- Remember nothing is truly deleted.
- Stay Safe!