JSL's First 'SpeedTeach'
Tomorrow afternoon is our first SpeedTeach meet @ JSL ...
- Where and when ?
- 15:30-16:30 School Hall
- What do you need to bring ?
- Yourself and if you have a teacher iPad, that too.
- What does it entail ?
- Based on a 'speed-dating' principle - you will have 4 x 15 mins sessions during 1 hour to 'meet something new'.
- During each session your host will talk for 5 mins about an iPad/tech project they have worked on this year and show how it has been used by themselves and students for learning.
- This is followed by a 10 mins 'try it out' session :)!
Each 15 mins, a signal will ring for you to change to the next 'encounter' and to a new host. [Hosts stay in place and participants move around].
Who are the SpeedTeach 'Hosts'?
Our teachers tomorrow will be both staff and Y6 students.
I think it's fantastic that we have so many colleagues agree to share their experience, and hats off to our Y6 students [all techie ladies] who will be facing a whole room of teachers for the 1st time 'as teachers'!
I'd like to thank all our hosts in advance for sharing their ideas with us, and for the time you've taken thinking about and preparing what to share at SpeedTeach.
What Sessions Are On Offer ?
In each 15 min session I've tried to organise it so that there is something for each age phase [thanks Joanne and Barbara for helping me tweak this].
Over the 1 hour, each host/host team will run 2 sessions, either 1+2 or 3+4 and then we'll switch midway. This also gives hosts the chance to visit 2 sessions of their choice.
Please have a look at the sessions overview at: O:\@ MANAGEMENT & ADMINISTRATION\@ CPD 'JSL SpeedTeach Session Overview Apr 29th'.
I'll recap on how SpeedTeach works before we start tomorrow. If you have any questions in the meantime please come and find me from lunchtime onwards.
I look forward to seeing you all for some shared learning tomorrow,