Alexander Science SEL Newsletter
with Ms. Delgado, PSW
September - All About Feelings!
This month during our weekly assemblies and in our classrooms, we will be learning about feelings and emotions - what they are and how we can recognize them in ourselves and others. Learning happens best when it is done at school AND at home. Below are ways you can help your child continue to learn about this month's social-emotional theme: Feelings - through reading about it, talking about it, and practicing it! Please visit our PSW website for more resources. This is one of my favorite topics to share with students, and I hope your family will enjoy it just as much!
Read About Feelings
Talk about Feelings
Here are some discussion points to help you talk about feelings with your child:
- How do you feel right now? How do you know?
- Do you think all feelings are okay to have? Why or why not?
- Is it easy or difficult for you to talk about how you are feeling? Why?
- Do you feel like you handle your feelings in a healthy way? Why or why not?
- Why do you think it’s important to know how you are feeling?
- Why do you think it’s important to know how others are feeling?