Looking Forward to Seeing You Soon!
Dear Parents and Guardians,
If you are new to the K-Beach community, welcome! We are glad to have you here! If you are a returning member of the herd, we are honored to continue to partner with you in your child's education.
It has been so wonderful to have kindergarten in the building! We have really missed the kids.
I hope your child has enjoyed getting to know their teacher through Zoom or phone calls. We hope they are excited to start in the building or continue their online journey.
Thank you for the vital role you play in your child’s success at school. A few ways you can contribute to your child’s achievement is by asking your child about his/her day, having a positive attitude about learning, and reading to or with your child every night.
Thank you for all of you support at home!
Janae Van Slyke, Principal
K-Beach Needs Your Help
School will start at 8:25 a.m. this year. For the safety of all students, there will be no morning recess. For this reason, the school doors will not open until 8:10, which is when the first group of students will be permitted in the building. Parents who are dropping their child(ren) off at school will follow the drop off schedule below.
• Drop Off Last Names A-G 8:10
• Drop Off Last Names H-P 8:15
• Drop Off Last Names Q-Z 8:20
Parents of Kindergarten students or New-to-K-Beach students may walk their child to the classroom on the first day of in-person learning. All returning students must be dropped off outside.
- A staff member will direct traffic at the edge of the parking lot, where the grass ends. This person will direct equal amounts of traffic to drop off at the sidewalk and in the middle area of the parking lot.
- Two staff members will have stop/go signs and will watch for the students to get out of their cars, and ensure that there are no students in the parking lot before traffic moves again.
- A staff member will walk the students from the outer lane to the sidewalk in front of the school.
New End-of-Day Pick Up
Parents or Guardians will have K-Beach provided poster with your child's name and grade in the front window. Cars that do not have the K-Beach provided poster will be asked to show identification before the student is released. We will be sending these home with students on the first day of school, so please be prepared to verbally give your child's name at pickup on September 8th.
K-Beach has a staggered schedule for dismissal of busses, walkers, and pick-ups. Parents will remain in their car during pick up time and pick up their child in the appropriate drive through lane.
- Bus Riders Dismissed at 2:25
- Parent Pick Up A-G 2:30
- Parent Pick Up H-P 2:35
- Parent Pick Up Q-Z 2:40
Please contact Mrs. Klodt by 1:30 p.m. with any changes to the end of day routine at 260-1300.
Each student will be receiving two signs with his/her name and grade level on them (see example below). Please display the sign for your child(ren) in the front window of your vehicle. This will allow us to quickly and easily get your child from the school building and bring them out to your car.
In the event that another adult on your pick up list needs to pick up your child, please let the office know and provide the person picking up with one of your signs, if possible. If you are unable to provide them with a sign, please let the office know about the pick up arrangements. The person picking up your child will be asked to show ID if our school staff does not recognize them.
K-Beach Mask Expectations
- Face masks are on the student supply list for all grade levels.
- 3rd through 6th are required to wear fabric masks when social distancing is not possible.
- All students (K-6) must wear fabric masks in the hallway or other common areas in the building.
- Students will wear a fabric mask on the bus when social distancing is not possible.
- Students who refuse to follow the mask requirements are subject to disciplinary action.
- Visitors are limited to parents and guardians this year. Visitors are required to wear a mask and use hand sanitizer upon entry to the building.
PBIS at K-Beach Elementary
PBIS stands for Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports. It is a framework for teaching, acknowledging, and rewarding positive behavior in our school. We have three school expectations: Be Respectful, Be Responsible, and Be Safe. Students are taught respectful, responsible, and safe behaviors in the different areas of our school building. Staff recognize students who demonstrate K-Beach’s expectations. Students can earn Caribou Cash or Caribou Compliments from any staff member in the school. PBIS will allow our school to spend less time focusing on negative behaviors and more time on learning and reinforcing valuable citizenship skills!
If you have any questions about PBIS, please contact Mrs. Kvamme.