by Seaira Martin
1. what do the dietary guidelines do for Americans
- they provide advice to help people live longer , healthier lives.
2. getting enough nutrients within you calories needs.
- 4 factors that determine calories needs>> age , gender, activity level , and weather you are trying to loose weight or gain it .
3.how to maintain healthy weight
- such as : high blood pressure , diabetes , some types of cancer , heart disease.
- health risk for being under weight >>
4.suggestions for being physically active
- it gives you energy & give you a health body
- at least 69 minutes a day
- get involved in a team or an sport & use the stairs instead of an elevator
5.importance of whole grains, fruits, and vegetables and milk
- they can prevent against heart disease, cancer, and other health problems.
- they are nutrient rich and cholesterol free
- drink fruit or vegetable juice , make whole grain products,the star of your meal, eat fruit instead of sugary desserts
6.how to limit fats and cholesterol
- trans fat and saturated fat
- heart disease
- reading food labels
7.be choosy about carbohydrates
- too much sugar can lead too high cholesterol
8.why reduce sodium and increase potassium
- sodium helps control the body fluids ,
- too much sodium can cause high blood pressure , heart attack , and stoke.
- potassium helps counteract sodium's effects on blood pressure many fruits and vegetables are good good sources of potassium
- because it can lead too accidents , injuries , violence , emotional problems .
10.why is food safety apart of the dietary guidelines
- it can help you maintain wellness.