The Bulldog Buzz!
Week of March 16, 2020
How will you think like a scientist to understand the world around you?
Lesson Plans Due
Monday, March 16th, 8am
- To the 2nd Grade Team: My Chat & Chew block is during your lunch period this week. If you would to dialog about any of our initiatives, share questions or just have a laugh...let me know!
Friday, March 20th, 9am-2pm
Small Conference Room
- Please come prepared with your laptop & student data for today's Collaborative Academic Support Team meetings.
The Principal's POV on...the Boy Scout Motto!
I would like to personally thank everyone at #BullockES for the extra hours & duties they have put in this week as we work to be proactive in addressing the Coronavirus pandemic. In some ways, this busy week has brought me back to my days as a Scout. Each winter, one weekend of camping was designated for survival skills. Regardless of the weather, there would be no tents (or cots, lanterns, etc.). Instead, we had to build shelters only using what we could carry and what nature provided.
Once groups were selected, we would spend the weeks leading up to the big event discussing possible shelter designs, what raw materials to look for, what items to bring & what role each of us would play. I (fondly?) recall the year that my buddy Alex insisted on doing the "midnight watch" for feeding the fire and fall asleep leaving us to freeze! Needless to say, the following morning was rough.
Although we didn't take months to plan, Troop Bullock is ready for this challenge... but we need the help of our community! Don't be like Alex and leave us in the cold! Take heed of the tips and resources outlined below...and most importantly keep the lines of communication open as we face this challenge together!
More than Minecraft! - In the event of a school/district closing, online resources are a must for students to continue their learning! In school we regularly utilize sites such as Reading A-Z or Zearn Math, and these sites can be accessed at home! Student log-in/passwords will be sent home; however, if you are in need of internet access, click here to apply for low-cost wi-fi in your home!
New Phone, Who Dis? - In the event that school is closed, announcements would be made via our global connect system and PowerSchool. However, if your contact information is not up to date, you will be missing out on IMPORTANT information! Click here and log-in to your PowerSchool account to check if the correct phone number & email are in the system!
FAKE News! - Click here to view the official Bullock Coronavirus news page! I will continue to post updates on the "headlines" page of the Bullock site. More importantly though, visit the district homepage frequently for official notifications and updates from Dr. Silverstein. Remember...you can't believe everything you hear at Wawa each morning! Thank you for a fantastic week...and don't forget to wash your hands!
We're designing flags & sharing what is important to us!
Words to Inspire...
YOU are the strategy!
Nothin' but Net!
Wrapping up our basketball unit in PE with Mr. Bittner!
Words to Inspire...
YOU are the strategy!
News & Notes
Parent/Teacher Conferences: Conferences will take place on March 23, 24 & 25. See below for some important reminders. If you have any questions, just let me know!
- Due to the 3-day schedule, conferences for Tier 2 and Tier 3 students are required, conferences with Tier 1 students are optional time permitting.
- For our SPED teachers: conferences for students with April Annual Review dates are optional time permitting.
Bullock's BOOM Board!
Castro, it is always great to spend some time with you. Always Fun!
- Missy, thanks for being always so helpful!
- Shout out to Michelle and Katie, thanks for always being willing to help out with doing the extra for our students. Really appreciate you!!
- Mrs. Ferraro~Thank you for all of your wonderful help in our classroom. We really appreciate you!
- Mrs. Perry~We love our street sign! You are so talented!
- Kelly V.~ Our students are so lucky to have you!
Community events/reminders are in bold.
- 03/02: Bulldog Buddies Meeting/Read Across America Week
- 03/06: CAST Meetings
- 03/09: Faculty PLC/Team Meetings & ACCESS Testing (3/9-20)
- 03/12: Class Pics (Staff Pic @ 8:00)
- 03/16: Science Field Experience (Pitman Theater)
- 03/17: International Club Mock Trial
- 03/20: CAST Meetings
- 03/23: Parent/Teacher Conferences (3/23, 24, 25)
- 03/27: Star Student Luncheon