3/2/21 BPA Meeting
We are currently looking for new board members for the 21/22 season as well as budget committee members. If you are interested in either of these or would like more information, feel free to reach out to any board member or you can email Gene Wrench @ firstname.lastname@example.org
New IE statements will be going out on the 10th. If you have any questions concerning your balance please reach out to Mary @ email@example.com
With our upcoming trips, we will need chaperones. In order to chaperone, you most be a Level 2 volunteer. We will be sending out a process for that early next week. If you know for sure that you are already a Level 2, please reply to this email with your name.
Winterfest (JCEC) This Saturday!
A few reminders:
- If you are coming to help set up Friday night, please arrive by 5:00, come in at the cafeteria doors so that we can get your COVID screening done
- Please meet in the band room by 8AM Saturday morning for a brief parent/volunteer meeting. (Again, COVID screening and temperature checks)
- Saturday, be sure to wear your mask and wear 'west gear' if you have it. We will have hand sanitizer's and wipes located throughout the building for everyone to use
- Parking for volunteers Saturday will be located in the lower auditorium parking lot (If you don't know here that is, look for the yellow jeep)
- Band Grams-don't forget to purchase your $1 message for your student. You can do this by completing the form below or visiting the band gram station Saturday.
Reverse Raffle Tickets
Remember that each ticket comes with a BBQ plate provided by Redneck BBQ.
During the drawing, we also have other prizes to give away
- Dinner for 2 at Lanes Seafood
- Brandi Autry 16 x 20 portrait
- Hurricanes Autographed Pictures
- LOTS of gift cards (DeWayne's, Ugly Mug, Kick Back Jacks and many more)
Looking Ahead, Dates To Remember
For ALL upcoming events, be sure to check the band calendar https://www.westjohnstonband.com/calendar
- Raising 9th grade interest meeting will be Thursday, March 4th. Information and the zoom link have been shared on our Facebook page, as well as the band website
- March 12th, New Concert Date (Dress Rehearsal will be 3/11 from 3 to 5) Concert will be outside in front of the auditorium and streamed live via Facebook. The concert will start at 4, with call time for the students at 3
- March 19th-Homecoming. The band will be performing BEFORE the pre game show instead of at half time due to it being homecoming. An itinerary will be coming out soon
- March 20th- JCEC at Cleveland (Will need Level 2 Volunteers)
- March 27th- JCEC at SSS (Will need Level 2 Volunteers)
- March 31- JV Football Game
- April-9th- Football Game-Senior Night
- April 17th-JCEC at Corinth Holders (Will need Level 2 Volunteers)
- April 20th- Post Season Show
- May 1st- Rookie 'Band Camp' Interest Day 9-4 (more information to come)
- May 11th- Contract Signing for the 'Fall' marching season
- May 13th- Final Concert of the Year
- May 15- AM-Chicken Fundraiser//PM Band Banquet