RDM Counseling Department
Newsletter Week of April 27, 2020
Hello RDM Community!
RDM les manda MUCHISIMO amor! En este número de nuestro boletín, nos estamos enfocando en mantenernos motivados. Por favor, siéntase libre de usar los recursos a continuación para ayudar y apoyar el bienestar social y emocional de su hijo. ¡Gracias por su continuo apoyo!
- SISD Mental Health Moment by Lead Counselor
- Read aloud of In My Heart: A Book of Feelings by Jo Witek
- A Message of Hope
- Gratitude Journal Topics/Prompts
- 5 Awesome Mindful Gratitude Activities for Kids
- Strategy for kids when feeling emotional: Tucker Turtle Takes Time to Tuck & Think at Home
- 40 Channels for Growth Mindset Creativity & Kindness
- Resource list by the City of McAllen
- HOPE Peer Support Warmline
- Covid-19 Mental Health Support Line
- Daily Life and Coping from Center of Disease Control
Tucker Turtle Takes Time to Tuck & Think/ La tortuga Tucker toma tiempo para detenerse y pensar en casa
HOPE PEER SUPPORT WARMLINE
We want to also remind students and families that are experiencing difficult times through our current situation that they can find emotional support through resources on our website, including Safeschool helpline, the National Suicide Prevention Hotline, as well as, the HOPE Peer Support Warmline.
The HOPE Family Health Center has created the HOPE Peer Support Warmline. It is an alternative for someone who is looking for emotional support. Here you can be listened to with compassion, empathy, hope and understanding. You can connect and feel validated with someone with similar life experiences. Their mission is to use lived experience to promote wellness and recovery in the RGV. It is available to anyone 16 and older. It is a free resource available in English and Spanish.
The Warmline is a toll free, non crisis line. The Warmline staff can also provide community resources and are open during the hours other resources may not be available.”
The Warmline contact number is 844-755-4673 (HOPE)
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday 4:00 pm- 10:00 pm
Individuals answering the phone are Certified Peer Support Specialist. All phone calls are confidential.