January 13, 2017
As we kick off a new calendar year, we wanted to take a moment to review some important school policies & procedures:
- All visitors must check in at the front office, show photo ID, and obtain a visitors pass. Also, please be sure to park in a parking space anytime you visit the school, bus lanes must remain clear at all times.
- Students that arrive after the bell rings must be escorted in to the building by a parent/guardian. Again, please park in a parking space before entering the school.
- There are no check-outs after 2:15. Also, please remember to send a note to the teacher letting them know you will be checking your child out early. This will ensure your child has his/her belongings with them when you arrive. (Remember, classrooms are locked when not in use, if you arrive when your child's class is traveling, your child cannot access their belongings.)
- Photo ID is required to check-out your student.
- Transportation changes must be submitted in writing, no later than 12:30 PM. (We cannot accept transportation changes over the phone or via email.)
- For the safety of our students and parents there are NO left turns out of the car rider’s parking lot during drop-off and pick-up hours. Gwinnett County Police have issued citations to drivers that violate this rule.
- In the case of inclement weather, school closings will be posted on the GCPS website, Facebook & Twitter pages. Announcements will also be made on local news & radio stations.
Support Dyer by Visiting Chuck E. Cheese Today!
Attention Chorus and Percussion Club!
Lucky Tray Mondays in the Cafeteria!
Do you think you are Lucky? Join us for lunch every Monday for Lucky Tray Day! All you need to do is grab a delicious lunch from our Cafe every Monday. Winners will receive a special surprise!
Free Ticket to Six Flags!
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events!
Chuck E. Cheese Spirit Night
MLK Jr. Day – No School
Bruster’s Blue Ice Day
Student Council/Beta Club
Instrument Club Rehearsal
Percussion Ensemble & Chorus Rehearsal
S.O.A.R. Wings to Soar Program (Assembly)
GMEA Chorus Performance
Drama Club Rehearsal
Six Flags Reading Logs Due
Bear Reader Volunteers Wanted
The Bear Reader Team is looking for a few volunteers to help Total Class Minutes for Bear Reader Student Logs.
You can do this from home!!
Grades 1-5 Workroom
Come help out Grades 1 through 5 teachers by being an extra set of hands. All kinds of tasks are always available to do, and the teachers always appreciate the extra help. Teacher's jobs are not done when the kids go home, so helping out this way will help them in their "free" time! They give so much for our kids, so let's give back to them! We appreciate any time you can dedicate! Click here for the link to the SignUpGenius.