Endeavour Family Bulletin
November 20, 2020
Inspiring learners and empowering leaders today and tomorrow...from a distance
It is sometimes hard to be grateful in the middle of the challenging times we are in, but I want to encourage you all to pause this week and reflect on all we have to be thankful for.
- I am grateful for a staff who is committed to the social, emotional, and academic success of every child. They give all they have to connecting with students on a daily basis to make sure they are a part of a community...even if it is a virtual distance learning environment.
- I am grateful for parents and extended families who are providing enormous amounts of time, energy, and support at home to make sure that students are able to log in, participate in class every day, and help students through asynchronous activities, groups, and specials. This is not easy, especially when there are multiple children or full-time jobs!!
- Most of all I am thankful for children! For the staff, seeing our Endeavour children on Zoom and interacting with them brings us great joy. Our students are truly why we engage in this work and what makes it worthwhile in our current environment.
- On a personal note, I am so grateful for my family-for my husband and two daughters. Although we will not be together in person this year due to the Canadian border being closed, I am thankful that we are healthy and safe.
The following link has ideas for practicing gratitude as a family at home:
On behalf of our entire Endeavour staff, we wish you a safe, peaceful, and grateful holiday.
Important Distribution Information
In September, only five bags remained at the end of the distribution. All others had been picked up. In both October and November, we had just over 100 bags that were not picked up. Because we need to make sure our students get what they need, this means we had over 100 people come into the office on the days following distribution. In a time where the number of COVID cases has risen dramatically, this puts everyone at a greater risk for transmission.
We will be trying something different in December and January. We are going to change the times and offer times before and after the work day as well as a mid-day pick up. Please read the information below carefully so that you are prepared for the next distributions.
This is for grades 1, 3, and 4 ONLY. Grades K, 2, and 5 sent everything your student needs in the most recent distribution.
December distribution- Wednesday, December 2nd
Pick up Times: 8:00-9:00 AM
Please note distribution will only take place during the above times on December 2.
This is for ALL grades K-5,
Wednesday, January 6th
Pick up Times: 8:00-9:00 AM
Information for All Distributions
- If you cannot pick up, you are welcome to ask another friend or family member to pick up materials for you.
- Thank you to those who remembered to put a sign in your window with the child's first and last name along with grade. Please have that sign in your window. This promotes distancing and safe practice.
- Please do not park and get out of your car. Drive through the drop-off loop in front of the gym with your sign clearly displayed. We will load bags into your car.
Thank you for following the distribution procedures and working with us to provide a smooth and effective process.