May 18th, 2020
Summer School Update
UPDATED - Tuition and Extended Care Credit
METHODS OF REFUND (CHOOSE 1):
- If you made auto-drafts with credit through Tuition Express we can process the refund and will only reach out if the 3-digit code is required.
- For payments made with credit card online, you must have the same card in hand and we can either process over the phone by calling (619) 972-5561 or submit refund form online and we will process once received.
- If you paid with cash, check or no longer have the same credit card, a refund will be processed through the District Office and a check will be mailed to you within 4-6 weeks.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we got these details sorted out.
From the Office of the TK/K Registrar
There is not going to be a packet of information sent home regarding registration for next year. The District is trying to finalize the date that Online Registration for all students will open (hoping for mid-May). Please monitor the CUSD website for registration information. Registration dates are usually published in the Eagle Journal the week prior to opening online registration. Complete the online registration as soon as you can. Please read the website carefully regarding required documents necessary to complete the registration process in August. The August document submission dates and times have not yet been determined.
Thank you, ECDC & Silver Strand Elementary
Resources for Parents
Save the Date!
Coping Through Uncertainty and Self Care
Wednesday, May 20, 8:30 am
Coronado Military Spouses is a quarterly event where parents meet to discuss areas of interest and concern under the guidance of the Military Family Life Counseling team. Each meeting highlights a particular topic and is designed to be interactive rather than a lecture series. This month, we will meet via Zoom. If you would like attend, please email the Naval Base Coronado School Liaison Officer at Mindy.Hayes@navy.mil and I will send you the meeting ID and password.
Introducing a New Program for Parents from Coronado Preschool
How to Help Your Child Recognize and Understand Frustration
Resources for Parents and Families
- First 5 California has a parent site that provides resources around early brain development and parenting. It contains a Learning Center, Activity Center, Health Center, Services and Supports, and a section on Free Resources. In addition, it’s the home for Talk. Read. Sing. It changes everything® and its corresponding materials. This resource can be found at http://www.first5california.com/
- Live Well @Home with Toddlers and Children site has great tips, resources, and activities including physical activity, mindfulness, and social connections from community partners to help parents live well @home with preschool age kids at https://www.livewellsd.org/content/livewell/home/live-well-every-day/LiveWellatHome/toddlers-children.html
- The First 5 Association of California has created a website that provides resources to help families, children, and communities in California cope with and understand the COVID-19 pandemic and response. This resource can be found at http://first5association.org/covid-19-information-and-resources/.
- Teachstone provides free articles about how to support your child’s learning in the home and how to establish daily routines for learning. This resource can be found at https://teachstone.com/coronavirus-resources-educators-and-parents/.
- The Early Math Project promotes awareness of the importance of math in early education (birth through age eight) and provides tools to parents and educators. This resource can be found at https://www.earlymathca.org/parents.
- Scholastic provides weekly learn-at-home activities for parents to keep their preschool and kindergarten children engaged and keep learning happening. This resource can be found at https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome/grades-prek-k.html.
IN OTHER NEWS...
2020-21 Enrollment Documents
2020-21 PreK Registration
The application is available for download below or from Crown’s website under Admissions and Application. You can also find printed versions at both Crown & Silver Strand preschool offices.
Please bring completed application, along with the other required documents (listed in the application) to our Crown office, at 199 Sixth St. Office hours are 8 a.m.- 5 p.m., M-F.
All returning students are required to reapply but need only bring a completed application along with 2 forms of proof of residency. Siblings will require full packages.
State-funded enrollment will begin Monday June 1. Please wait for an email to inform you of the next steps in your enrollment process.
Please visit our website or review the application for full details or contact Ms. Lisa with any questions.
2020-21 PreK Fall Update
The program is currently working closely with the District and planning for several scenarios in preparation to reopen. It is currently assumed upon reopening, our regular day to day will look different based on the County guidelines. Please stay tuned for more information as I plan to announce the final plans in July. We appreciate your patience and understanding.
Feel free to contact Ms. Lisa at anytime for any questions, comments, or suggestions.
- Kindergarten students must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2020 for the 2020-21 school year.
- TK is designed for students who turn 5 years old between September 2 and December 2, 2020.
If your child is TK/Kinder eligible, you should receive communication from Village or Strand regarding when to begin registering your child(ren). This typically occurs after we return from spring break in early April. Additional questions can be emailed to Linda Kirk at the ECDC front office (619) 522-8923 Ext. 6097 or to Frankie Guillen at the Strand front office (619) 522-8923 Ext. 4096
Coronado U.S.D. Preschool Program
Lisa Alonso, MS
Director of Preschool & Child Care Services
Coronado Unified School District
Office Assistant - Crown
Office Assistant - Strand
(619) 522-8934 xt. 4096