January 30, 2017
Six Flags Read to Succeed - We are nearing the end of the program. Please encourage students to complete 6 hours of reading! Reminders:
- Friday, February 10--Student reading completed and logs turned .
- by Friday, February 17--You need to record student reading onto the site: https://feedback.sixflags.com/.
Send reading logs as a complete set after the February 10, 2017 deadline.
Research season - Don't forget to include the library in your plans for research lessons.
Library Love Notes - It's time for our Library Love Note station! These notes are a great way to encourage reading! How? Check it out:
- send recommendations to reluctant readers
- encourage students to recommend books to teachers
- recommend books for me to purchase
- have a student request a book for a parent to read to them
If you would like a class set of library love notes to do in your own class, let me know and I'll make a set for you.
Library Book Blast Reminder (3-5 grade teachers) - Notice your students aren't getting good fit books? Have many students that need to exchange books? Consider getting on the schedule for a book blast! Stop by the library for available times.
Reading Honor Wall - It's up! If you have students to celebrate achievements in reading, send them to me for a picture or take one and email it to me. Their picture will be posted.