Volume 2 ~ Issue 4
Organizing Your Google "Shared With Me" Files
To move files/folders into your Drive
- start by creating a folder(s) in "My Drive" to move those files to.
- Open the Shared with Me" section in Google Drive and place a check mark by the files/folders you want to move into your created folder in Drive.
- Click on the More tab and choose "Move to" from the menu.
- Find the folder you want to move the files to and click move.
The files/folders will now list the new location to the right of the folder.
To remove the folders from the Shared With Me section, click on the Trash Can while the folders are selected.
NOTE: Only do this if you KNOW that you have moved the folders to another location successfully.
In Google Drive you are able to create a form and receive valuable feedback. Have you ever wondered how to allow files to be uploaded as well? Well now you can!
Select the red “Create” button and connect more apps. Search for Form+ and give permission to add to your account.
The next time you go under Create you will see an options for Form+. Select Form+ and begin creating a form with simple drag and drop features.
To edit the labels select the text. A box will appear to edit the text.
- Input- text input, and support text.
- Select- allows for drop down and scrolling options.
- Checkbox/Radio- presents options similar to multiple choice.
- File Upload- unique choose file upload option.
- Structure- will add page breaks.
The responses to the form will appear in a spreadsheet- Drive under Form+.
To learn more about this new tool, watch the video below.
Checker Plus for Gmail Extension
Have you ever wished you could get desktop notifications and read, listen, or delete e-mails without opening Gmail? Now you can with the “Checker Plus for Gmail” extension. Administrator rights are not required for this “download”.
- Sign into Google
- Go to the Chrome Web Store.
- Search for "Checker Plus for Gmail"
- Click on the "+ Free"
- Click Add
You will receive a welcome message. Click “Continue to Options”.
Choose your sound and voice notifications by checking or unchecking the boxes to the left of the options.
Don’t like an extension you have downloaded and want to get rid of it?
- Log into Chrome and click on the Chrome menu - the three black bars on the top right hand side of your screen.
- Select Tools, then Extensions.
- Click on the trash can next to the extension that you want to delete.
- Click Remove and it’s gone!